WPS is seeking an ambitious, sales-driven V-Twin/HardDrive motorcycle enthusiast to join our busy Inside Sales team. As a member of the Inside Sales team, you will maintain current business as well as identify and secure new business to effectively sell V-Twin/HardDrive products to established dealerships.
The ideal candidate will have a true passion for the V-Twin Industry, a proven record of sales achievement in the motorsports industry, enjoy working in a fast-paced sales driven environment and possess the ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with a wide variety of personalities. Highly qualified individuals will have 3-plus years of V-Twin/HardDrive Aftermarket Sales experience coupled with 1 or more years of dealer or industry-related experience. This role requires you to be a self-starter who enjoys working independently, with strong presentation, negotiation and closing skills, and the ability to overcome sales challenges. If this sounds like you, this is the opportunity you’re looking for!
We invite you to submit your resume and cover letter explaining why you think you are the perfect candidate to fill this role.
- Make outbound follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail
- Handle inbound sales calls and successfully convert calls into sales
- Overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers
- Provide up-to-date product information to customers via company catalogs and the company website
- Emphasize salable features, calculate profit margin opportunities, quote prices and credit terms and prepare orders for sales obtained
- Implement and execute company selling system to the customer base
- Estimate date of delivery to customer by following up with appropriate department resources
- Attend and participate in department business meetings, training, and trade shows to acquire product knowledge and expertise
- Actively communicate with WPS Brand Managers and Product Vendors for continued product knowledge and sales methodology
- Build and maintain customer relationships by providing world class customer service
- Investigate and resolve dealer problems regarding deliveries, invoices, and general accounting
- Attend trade shows and/or WPS sales meetings (occasional travel could be required)
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A passion for the V-Twin industry, motorcycles and everything related to powersports REQUIRED
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of aftermarket product and/or dealership knowledge REQUIRED
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of sales experience in sales and/or telemarketing PREFERRED
- Must be a self-starter, motivated to close sales and succeed on the Inside Sales team REQUIRED
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, proportions, gross margins, discounts, etc. REQUIRED
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills, with a strong sense of accountability and follow-thru REQUIRED
- Familiarity with an AS400 Order Processing system or VAI order processing PREFERRED
- Strong working knowledge of the MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word and the Internet REQUIRED
- Must truly enjoy working with, and further developing, dealer relationships at all levels to deliver world class customer service REQUIRED
**Any offer of employment subject to successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check**
About Western Power Sports
Work hard. Play hard – The WPS and FLY Racing © Culture
For 60 years, our motto at Western Power Sports has been "Work hard. Play hard". We are the home of FLY RacingBadge Copyright, a group of powersports enthusiasts who are passionate about the brand, the lifestyle, and the value we bring to the world of powersports through our extensive product offerings and dealer network. We value a competitive drive to succeed and the desire to be THE BEST. We strive to offer our customers the best products, fastest delivery, and the ultimate customer service experience in the powersports industry, one customer and one order at a time, every time. We seek talented individuals who are passionate about life and bring that passion and energy to their work! If you have the skills, the talents and the experience we need, we would love to hear from you!