Under general supervision, the Event Assistant is responsible for assisting and supporting the events team in its daily operational activities. This position is a starting point for a career with KTM, Husqvarna, GASGAS and WP brands in North America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists event planner across all aspects of event planning, hosting and execution.
• Provides administrative and clerical support to the events team with all related activities.
• Works with Admin Asst. to create internal purchase orders (POs), follows invoice submission policy and tracks budget spreadsheets for each event.
• Reconciles all invoices and PO’s and submits invoices to Admin Assistant.
• Coordinate travel (flight, hotel and ground transportation) for events department, photographers and guests.
• Research and book locations, facilities, venues, hotel and catering for Company events according to specified criteria and reports findings.
• Tracks and maintains event material and asset inventory.
• Implements event registration sites and manages event attendee registration information.
• Supports events team onsite at events with set-up, dismantle and other assigned tasks.
• Places orders for event supplies and materials.
• Sets up and maintains web-based event pages such as Eventbrite and Facebook Events.
• Assists in building pre and post event presentations.
• Catalogs, organizes, and distributes images following events.
• Assists in the coordination of internal Company events including holiday parties, ride days, luncheons, and staff meetings.
• Responds to customer and/or dealer inquiries from events email account.
• May plan his/her own events under direction and guidance of supervisor.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific events are generally assigned to each Event Planner. Examples of various events may include the following:
• Corporate events such as dealer shows, staff/employee events
• Press events
• Sales Meetings
• Demo Events & Dealer Activations
• Amateur racing
• Other various meetings and events, as required
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: A minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of experience in coordinating events is generally required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Knowledge of motorsports industry preferred.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, event planning or related field preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness and ability to travel
• Ability to build productive business relationships
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment
• Flexibility to switch gears with little notice
• Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
• Basic math skills
• Must be internal and external customer focused
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
• Analytical abilities
• Must be able to take direction and follow through accordingly
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to lift up to 35 pounds <10% daily
Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer – 90% daily
Able to hear and speak into a telephone – 60% daily
Able to stand, bend, stoop, twist – 20% daily, sometimes 100% daily
• Ability to travel to approximately 6-8 events per year; travel is low to moderate for this position (approximately 10-20%)
• High-pressure, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
• Professional, yet casual office work environment
• Ability to work extended hours, including early morning hours and weekends, as required
• Noise in the work environment is usually moderate while in an office environment and moderate to loud while in the field.
Required Pre-Hire Screenings:
• Criminal – Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
• National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
• Social Security Verification
• Driving Record
• NDOT Drug Screen
To apply directly to our career page, click the link below: