Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Field Service Technician to join our Golf Car team supporting the California territory. The Field Service Technician supports golf cars service in the District market in direct sales area. He / she will perform Training, Dealer Visit, Course Visits, Golf Car inspection, Market Information, Warranty and billable work as needed. This position will report market problems as they arise.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Promptly and professionally respond to golf car service calls at Golf Car Dealers/ Courses.
· Provide field service and customer support to include car removal, teardown, troubleshoot, evaluate, repair, test and installation of components. Provide expert advice, training and technical assistance to Golf Car Dealers/ Course customers.
· Complete all service documentation to include work orders, golf car audit report, battery discharge reports, and parts orders. Effectively report (verbal and written) progress and recommendations to management and customer.
· Adhere to all golf course/dealer requirements and procedures while performing maintenance on customer property.
· Efficiently and accurately report/audit golf car parts needs in the district.
· Safely operate company vehicles and follow all company policies pertaining to their use and maintenance of the vehicles. Maintain work area, service truck and storage facility in a safe, clean and orderly condition at all times.
· Train and mentor new hires/dealers/courses staff/YGC sale and less experienced employees as required. Perform other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· A minimum of 5 years hands-on engine vehicle repair experience is required.
· Must have a strong background in mechanical repair.
· Ability to translate verbal instructions into finished product.
· Must have a clean driving record and valid driver’s license required.
· Excellent organization skills.
· Must possess a positive attitude towards safety.
· Must be able to work extended hours as required
· 25– 50 % travel required, overnight travel may also be required depending on region
· Must be able to work in most types of weather when required.
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 70 Lbs.
· Must be able to repeatedly bend, lift, kneel, pull or perform other movements commonly associated with working on Golf Cars.
· Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision
· Must maintain a clean and professional appearance.
Reports to: Regional Service Manager.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!