Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a District Sales Manager to join our Motorsports team in Eastern Pennsylvania. The District Sales Manager represents Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. in a professional manner to the dealer network within a defined territory. This will include dealer relations pertaining to retail program support, effective wholesale order stocking, proper Yamaha branding, accessory representation, both consumer and dealer events, and most importantly dealer development. The position requires functioning as a business consultant to the dealers by helping them improve their overall business through increased sales, customer satisfaction, profitability, etc.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Act as a lead Yamaha business consultant/liaison to the dealer: Assist and educate them to meet market demand for Yamaha products, Yamaha Parts & Accessories, and Service support. Create strong business goals for each dealer, focused efforts in priority trade areas, and help them improve their overall Yamaha business. Assist dealers with in-store merchandising and inventory control. Develop and implement territory promotions designed to increase market share. Educate dealers on how to utilize the sales programs to maximize sales potential. Achieve monthly, annual, and seasonal sales program targets
· Develop rapport with every dealership staff/department. Develop strategies to improve dealer performance (Unit sales, P&A sales, market share, shop share, customer satisfaction – sales and service). Partner with YMFUS field representatives as necessary. Communicate service campaigns, recalls, consumer market issues, etc.
· Educate dealers on utilization of all sales programs (retail and wholesale) to maximize unit sales and market potential. Encourage dealers to advertise appropriately through all channels (conventional ads, Social Media, Website, etc.) to increase Yamaha exposure in the Primary Market & Relevant Market areas.
· Provide systematic and organized input to RBM/RMM/RPM on market conditions, including creating regular district sales reports and documenting performance on dealer visits. Gather competitive OEM Programs for submission and report back keep consumer trends and findings as they evolve. Provide “Quick Market Feedback”
· Promote Yamaha products and accessories at required consumer events; including Dealer Shows, Regional Shows, and District Events.
· Create and implement an annual business plan based on market conditions, dealer programs and performance.
· Monitor dealer’s total facility, capital and management to assure compliance with company standards and agreements.
· Conduct periodic dealer meetings throughout the assigned territory and work at corporate, regional and dealer events as required by the Regional Business Manager.
· Complete all formal documentation for the set-up, relocation, cancellation and buyout of Yamaha Motorsports dealerships within the district.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Create Annual Business Plan by dealer for the territory
· Dealer development, including improvement of existing dealer network, and prospecting new dealer candidates
· Communicate corporate goals to Yamaha dealer network
· Develop creative marketing ideas to meet specific needs of a given area (KPI)
· Determine if dealers are supporting Yamaha’s corporate goals with growth potential
· Provide financial assessments of existing dealers and prospects
· Must be able to work with minimum supervision
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Sales, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
· Minimum of 5+ years of relevant industry experience in field operations pertaining to Powersports retail, Automotive retail, or Dynamic consumer products retail.
· 2+ years prior management experience a huge plus.
· Demonstrated success in improving business performance, i.e., retail sales, customer satisfaction levels.
· Social Media footprint with fundamental understanding of impressions/posts/activities.
· Team player with excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
· Ability to think and work independently out in the field.
· Proven ability to improve and maintain high standards of service customer satisfaction.
· Ability to read and understand business financial statements.
· Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/Powerpoint/Outlook).
· Extensive travel is required / up to 80%.
· Demonstrated safe operational skills for Products MSF/On-Road Motorcycle endorsement, ROHVA/SVIA training or competency of use, Snowmobile experience a +).
· Valid Motor Vehicle license with few or no current violations on record.
· Knowledge and skills to effectively pull and load/unload trailers.
· No physical limitations, must be able to lift/move boxes and equipment up to 75 pounds.
· Ability to work multiple weekends per month.
· Ability to relocate is required both currently and in the future to support Yamaha needs.
Reports to: Regional Business Manager.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!