Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Technical Advisor to join our Motorsports team in Marietta, GA. The Motorsports Technical Advisor serves dealers and customers by providing technical support for Motorsports (Motorcycle, RV) and eBike product. He / she resolves product and service problems.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying issues, determining cause, of problems, and providing proper solutions. Expedites correction or adjustment and follows up to ensure resolution.
- Provide dealer technical diagnostic support via phone, email or dealer portal for all Motorsports (Motorcycle, RV) and eBike product and diagnostic tools.
- Interface with other Yamaha personnel in service, parts, sales or other divisions to obtain the information necessary to make objective equitable decisions.
- Review and accurately adjudicate warranty authorizations and claims with fiscal responsibility.
- Evaluates customer or dealer requests for assistance on Yamaha products and determines the type and amount of assistance to be provided by YMUS.
- Maintains customer records by updating account information.
- Support the factory with information regarding product concerns with market reports, including technical diagrams, parts collection and customer feedback.
- Assist Customer Relations and Dealer support teams with technical advice as needed, and travel in field as needed to assist.
- Carry out various administrative tasks or special assignments within the department as needed.
- Decision-Making Responsibility (describe the degree of autonomy and authority in project/work activities and supervision expectations)
- Perform a variety of basic tasks, including executing moderately complex projects and tasks, including negotiating repair costs and providing authorizations.
- Tech School certification or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of experience as a powersports technician, with formal powersports service training.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and oral skills, with a focus on detail and accuracy.
- Analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office (i.e., Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Type 40+ WPM.
- Ability to travel in market as needed.
Reports to: Technical Service Supervisor.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!