Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Technical Advisor to join our Motorsports team in Marietta, GA.
The Motorsports Technical Advisor serves dealers and customers by providing technical support for Motorsports (Motorcycle, RV) and eBike product. He / she resolves product and service problems.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying issues, determining cause, of problems, and providing proper solutions.
- Expedites correction or adjustment and follows up to ensure resolution.
- Provide dealer technical diagnostic support via phone, email or dealer portal for all Motorsports (Motorcycle and RV) and OPE product and diagnostic tools.
- Interface with other Yamaha personnel in service, parts, sales or other divisions to obtain the information necessary to make objective equitable decisions.
- Evaluates customer or dealer requests for assistance on Yamaha products and determines the type and amount of assistance to be provided by YMUS.
- Maintains customer records by updating account information.
- Support the factory with information regarding product concerns with market reports, including technical diagrams, parts collection, and customer feedback.
- Review and accurately adjudicate warranty authorizations and goodwill claims.
- Assist Customer Relations and Dealer support teams with technical advice as needed, and travel in field as needed to assist.
- Carry out various administrative tasks or special assignments within the department as needed.
- Perform a variety of basic tasks, including executing moderately complex projects and tasks, including negotiating repair costs and providing authorizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of experience as a powersports technician, with formal powersports service training.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills, with a focus on detail and accuracy.
- Analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (i.e., Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Type 40+ WPM.
- Ability to travel in market as needed