Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Regional Planning Manager to join our Motorsports team in Marietta, GA. The Regional Planning Manager is responsible for managing wholesale (Purchase), retail (Sales), and inventory (PSI) initiatives within an assigned region. S/he will support regional dealer development through processing and review of prospective Yamaha dealer application documents, and monthly review and reporting on all regional dealer development activity.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct in market research and analysis to determine which areas to improve Yamaha Motorsports wholesale and retail (all product lines) along with new areas of opportunity.
- Conduct Top 5 Regional Trade Area visits once per year. Support RBM with face to face visits of all Top 25 regional assigned dealers. Build relationships with key accounts and leverage relationships for regional planning.
- Develop communication strategy to effectively roll up top 25 Regional dealer feedback to RBM & Sales Planning in a monthly report format.
- Manage annual regional budgets through partnering with Sales Planning to support programs in key states and priority market areas.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of the regional marketing efforts back to RBM and Sales Planning Group while working collaboratively with the Regional Marketing Manager.
- Support RBM/DM/ISC/ISM in the creation, direction and implementation of their Dealer business plans as they pertain to market presence and growth. Develop annual tracking guide/projections with DM’s and Dealer input, to secure quarterly commitments in assisting with future Retail and Wholesale needs.
- Implement corporate objectives and programs in Key States, Priority Market Areas, and with Focus/Specialty Dealers (Concierge support).
- Work with RBM to develop tools, templates, and processes (i.e. “Parts Departments Best Practices”) to improve sales efficiency for the district managers every day role. Educate and implement said tools to the District Managers for dating programs, YamaLube, and appropriate stocking inside the Dealerships.
- Advise areas of opportunity for growth with the P&A area. Assist DM’s with in-store merchandising and inventory control concepts. Educate Field staff on how to utilize the sales programs to maximize sales potential. Achieve monthly, annual, and seasonal sales program targets.
- Dealer Development: Work with RBM to identify points of opportunity and develop tools/processes to carry out regional strategy. Collect market specific information from DMs to develop dealer network appraisal for RBM review. Review monitored market areas and dealers as well as applications for set-ups and buy-outs.
- Must work closely with the Sales Planning Group as an extension of their teams. Position is both team based (amongst peer for Best Practices) but must be able to work autonomously.
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience in field sales, dealer development, marketing, motorsports/actions sports experience and retail.
- Knowledge and skills to effectively pull and load/unload trailers.
- No physical limitations, must be able to lift/move boxes and equipment up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work multiple weekends per month.
- Ability to relocate is required both currently and in the future to support Yamaha needs
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time to corporate meetings and Top Trade Area & Dealer visits.
Reports to: Regional Business Manager – South.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!