Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Project & Research Manager to join our Motorsports team in Marietta, GA. This role is responsible for managing core projects and research prioritized by executive management. The process involves working with senior managers to develop and nurture initiatives/research from development of the concept to final presentation with a focus on implementation and on time completion.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Working directly with Senior Managers/Executives. across all functions (Marketing, Sales, Service and Product Lines) to realize major initiatives/research that will improve our business competitiveness, operations and profit.
· Will manage Research & Development team member
· Gather, track and assist in facilitating senior managers/executive yearly goals & projects cross functionally.
· Work with managers to develop project scope, timelines and milestones to ensure on time completion and quality of output.
· Manage, projects along insuring all stakeholders are represented and gather requirements. Work with required team members to develop materials to support and develop presentation with solid logic and understandable flow.
· Track progress of major initiatives and recommend countermeasures if project is not meeting original timelines and requirements (escalate to executives when necessary)
· Gather Research requirements, goals, output needs and manage research assistant to ensure the proper methodology and analysis are completed
· Make recommendations and implement improvements to improve the development and implementation of projects/research
· Support, create, develop data analytics to support project development strategy
· 5 years functional experience
· 3+ years management experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· Motorsports/Automotive/Consumer Products industries experience at the Operational Level.
· Ability to track and manage projects, research and budgets
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to interact seamlessly with all levels of management
· Must possess strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Research knowledge and at minimum a basic understanding of analytic tools.
· Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with minimum of intermediate level in MS Excel
· Project management/software experience.
Reports to: VP Business Planning & Strategy.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!