Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Motorcycle Accessory Development Planner to join our Motorsports team in Marietta, GA. The Accessory Development Planner assists the motorcycle accessory development team in the planning and coordination of accessory projects for all on-road and off-road motorcycles and scooters.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identify profitable accessory products and guide them through development process
- Obtain market knowledge through qualitative and quantitative research
- Coordinate development and market evaluation of target volumes and pricing on accessory items as needed.
- Manage the development process of each accessory with Engineering, Testing, Procurement and Supply Chain Management (SCM) teams, ensuring accurate information and key timing gates are met
- Coordinate all motorcycle affiliate and export accessory requests, information sharing
- Support all new model kitting requests with new part number setup, order volumes, and scheduling
- Communicate accessory details and positioning with Sales & Marketing
- BS degree in Business, Marketing, Technical Field or equivalent preferred
- Work experience in Product Planning/Development or related field preferred
- Project Management experience, with the ability to handle multiple projects and schedules
- Strong organizational skills with written & oral communication skills are required
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated and be able to motivate others to meet deadlines
- Basic motorcycle market knowledge with a minimum of 1-year experience riding motorcycles. Motorcycle driver’s license will be required
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of time
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes (plastic molding, thermoforming, FRP, welding, etc.) is a bonus
- Familiarity with supply chain functions is a bonus
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
Reports to: Motorcycle Product Planning Manager.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!