Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Marketing Events & Sponsor Coordinator to join our Motorsports team in Marietta, GA. The Motorsports Marketing Events & Sponsor Coordinator will focus on planning logistics and event support- and sponsor-based marketing initiatives support to achieve product group’s primary goals and objectives. He/she will assist the events managers in coordinating and implementing display and demo event strategies and materials that facilitate brand/product awareness and increase sales among target customers and key Motorsports demographics. He/she will serve as a secondary point of contact for Motorsports sponsor partner contacts (external) and with other product/service divisions (internal) to ensure all event marketing efforts are correct and consistent per product group guidance as well as corporate VI and brand direction.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Coordinate and assist the events managers with the logistics and implementation of motorsports display/demo event strategies based on event manager and product group direction.
· Work directly with external partners/vendors/contractors to provide direction and assist with the implementation of motorsports events (including MC dealer demo events), including but not limited to staff communication, logistics planning, hotel rooming lists, and on-site implementation.
· Attend and assist with the on-site execution of motorsports trade/consumer events, including P&A initiatives & activation, in support of marketing direction and strategies.
· Oversee, maintain and track MC and RV demo reports monthly for year-end recap report and assist with conversion tracking effort.
· Serve as a point of contact for Motorsports sponsor partners. Assist with the logistics and support of marketing partner efforts to ensure activities are appropriate and consistent per product group guidance (to include corporate VI and brand direction). Track and measure partner efforts and effectiveness.
· Maintain and track events budget, invoice processing in the Open Invoice system, loan pool inventory, Group One inventory of units and promotional items and parts orders.
· BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications or similar required.
· 2-5 years’ experience in Events Marketing and/or Communications.
· Must be able to travel up to 30-40% of time (including weekends) and still manage in-office workload
· Able to think strategically and manage time effectively with limited supervision.
· Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills are required.
· Must be able to work well independently as well as within a team-based environment.
· Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Valid Driver’s license and a clean driving record are required. MC license a plus.
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Strategic Marketing & Communications.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!