Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for an Inventory Planning & Operations Support Specialist to join our Motorsports team in Marietta, GA. The Inventory Planning & Operations Support Specialist performs various inventory planning duties that include the maintenance of factory production and the allocation of that production to dealers. Generates ad-hoc report requests, as well as reports to analyze and review wholesale and retail data with product line managers. Effectively communicates and problem solves issues that arise that pertain to numerous sales operations duties. Potential management of staff within department.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Oversee the communication and management of all Motorsports factories production alongside the PSI Planners. Generates excel reports to analyze wholesale, retail and inventory levels to adjust production. Maintains constant communication with several departments involved with facilitating production.
· Create, analyze and manage functions related to wholesale reporting to relay results and plan for future wholesale. Proactively communicate and coordinate any plans generated from reviewing wholesale reporting to other departments as well as Inventory Planning and Operational Support staff.
· Oversee and Manage Inventory Planning and Sales Operations department functionality. Act as back up for other Inventory Planning and Sales Ops staff.
· Identify and communicate to management any potential issues that will affect production, wholesale, and/or retail. Effectively communicate and coordinate with other areas across the company to resolve issues as they arise.
· Oversee communication with logistics on cross docks, improvement projects, and end of month shipping.
· Oversee multi-product line discounted sales with Auction Company or internal staff. Communicates with auction company and internal staff about any issues that arise and troubleshoots to resolve quickly and effectively
· Utilizes and demonstrates depth of job knowledge by cross training and writing procedures for the various inventory planning and operational support tasks, reports, and responsibilities.
· Attends meetings with product groups and/or logistics to gather pertinent data and collaborate on any joint efforts
· Create, administer and manage weekly reports related to product availability, unit ordering, and other ad-hoc reports requested by management.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred with 1 year of Business experience or 5-6 years business experience in an analytical capacity
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
· Extremely organized with strong time management skills
· SAP experience preferred
· Advanced Excel skills required
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills
· Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment. Job requires considerable judgment and initiative with limited supervision.
Reports to: Sr. Inventory Planning & Operations Support Specialist.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!