Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Forecasting Specialist – Parts & Accessories to join our Motorsports team in Marietta, GA. This role is responsible for analyzing and reporting on Motorsports Parts & Accessory sales, inventory, and pricing. The information they provide will support developing sales budgets and profitability targets in order to achieve short and mid-term goals. They will work closely with Business Planning, Supply Chain Management, YMC Global Parts Center, and Affiliate Companies to develop/monitor sales forecasts. They will support the develop of fit-up ratios for new accessories for new models.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Gather input from Field Sales, P&A Product Planning and Product Development teams to update/develop short-term and mid-to-long term forecasting models. Support strategic planning and decision making for parts and accessories. Update the forecasting model as necessary during the budget/Mid-Term Planning (MTP) process, and when necessary for new product models.
- In coordination with Supply Chain Management, review and analyze product inventory levels and suggest adequate stocking levels based on pricing and sales demand. Responsible for Excess Inventory review and SKU rationalization: set and maintain proper inventory levels to ensure customer demand and Yamaha profitability targets are met.
- Utilize SAP and Business Objects to support creation of monthly reports and various presentations. Ensure products are priced correctly with adequate stocking levels that support sales goal achievement. Conduct pricing analysis and propose adjustments in pricing based on results.
- Be the point person for pricing related communications with the Field Sales, Yamaha factories, Yamaha affiliates, and export dealers.
- Contribute to and be responsible for the implementation of our overall pricing strategy. Create and maintain annual P&A price file. Develop recommended strategy for increasing/decreasing pricing to meet current market conditions. Utilize data analysis and reporting to uncover opportunities to increase sales and profitability from a pricing perspective. Partner with Yamaha Global Parts Center (GPC) and other Yamaha affiliates/export companies to negotiate better pricing.
- Gather input from the P&A Sales Planning Manager, Product Planning, and Product Development teams to update/develop short-term and mid-to-long term forecasting models which will support strategic planning and decision making for identified product lines, parts and accessories. Update the forecasting model as necessary during the budget/Mid-Term Planning (MTP) process, and when necessary for new product models.
- Works with the Product Planning and Product Development teams to establish fit-up ratios for new accessory projects. Monitors, analyze, and report on accessory project progress. Offers recommendations and counter measures for improvement. Works with Supply Chain Management to update sales forecast and adjust inventory levels
- Works with the Product Development team and the P&A Sales Planner to monitor, analyze and report on wholesale trends. This accessory wholesale achievement which includes post launch reporting of new accessory sales and inventory analysis (i.e. A+ reporting, PDCA).
- High School Diploma required; BA / BS degree in Mathematics or Business-related field desired.
- 5+ years of powersports industry experience preferred.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
- SAP and Business Objects experience desired
- Database, forecasting, production management and reporting experience desired
- Ability to manage multiple, forecasting and strategic tasks simultaneously
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of a month.
Reports to: Parts & Accessories Sales Planning Manager.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!