Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Motorcycle Accessory & Unit Test Tech to join our Motorsports team in Marietta, GA. The Accessory Technician / Test Rider will be primarily responsible for the installing, evaluating, testing and reporting of Motorcycle accessories being developed by the Accessory Product Development Group. As the Marietta shop foreman, he/she will be responsible for the organization and maintenance of the MC shop area, equipment, and vehicles. Additional responsibilities may include supporting MC unit testing group, and direct involvement with MC marketing and Media relations.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform on vehicle accessory testing as directed by the MC Testing Manager and Acc. Product Development Teams.
- Communicate accessory evaluation findings clearly and concisely both verbally and in written form.
- Create and maintain accessory testing standards and formal reports
- Mechanically service and prepare units, including installation of accessories for test evaluation and media events.
- Manage the East Marietta MC shop including the organization of tools, maintenance of equipment and overall cleanliness of the work areas
- Develop and maintain knowledge of overall Motorcycle accessory market including competitive product and customer usage (Off-Road & Street MC)
- Transport of vehicles, accessories, parts, etc. utilizing company trailers, box vans and pick-up trucks
- Assist with Unit Motorcycle Testing as required
- Attend press / marketing events and present / communicate professionally to MC journalists
- Must have mechanical ability to service, overhaul, and troubleshoot mechanical & electrical systems
- Must be a self-starter and be able to function with limited supervision
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in product evaluation and testing
- Must have a valid driver’s license and Motorcycle License
- Able to pass DOT physical for driving commercial vehicle between 10,000 and 26,000lbs (not CDL)
- Must be able to ride Street and Dirt Motorcycles for extended periods of time in a safe and responsible manner
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Must be available to travel up to 25% of the time (air travel and weekends possible)
- Motorcycle hands on safety training are a plus
Reports to: Motorcycle Testing Manager.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!