Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for an ATV/SxS Accessory Development Planner to join our Motorsports team in Marietta, GA. The Accessory Development Planner facilitates the development of accessories, through concepting, positioning, scheduling, and price/volume setting, while working together with the ATV/SXS accessory development team for all off-road ATV’s and Side-by-Sides. This position will also assist marketing with accessory positioning and messaging. They will work together with the Unit Product Planners on all new models, to coordinate accessory development at the time of unit development.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Identify profitable accessory products and guide them through the development process
· Obtain market knowledge through qualitative and quantitative research
· Coordinate development and market evaluation of target volumes and pricing on accessory items as needed.
· Manage the development process of each accessory with Engineering, Testing, Procurement and Supply Chain Management (SCM) teams, ensuring accurate information and key timing gates are met
· Coordinate all ATV/SXS affiliate and export accessory requests, information sharing
· Support all new model kitting requests with new part number setup, order volumes, and scheduling
· Communicate accessory details and positioning with Sales & Marketing
· BA / BS degree in Business, Marketing, Technical Field or equivalent required
· Minimum 5 years of ATV/SXS experience with increasing levels of responsibility
· Project Management experience, with the ability to handle multiple projects and schedules
· Strong organizational skills with written & oral communication skills are required
· Ability to work independently and be self-motivated and be able to motivate others to meet deadlines
· Must be able to travel up to 15% of time
· Familiarity with supply chain functions is a bonus
· Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
Reports to: Product Planning Manager.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!