Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager to join our Supply Chain team in Kennesaw, GA. The Supply Chain Manager will manage supply chain activities including the purchase, inventory, and ongoing support of customer requirements for Yamaha’s diverse Parts and Accessories business. This role will oversee daily activities required to meet mid-term plan goals including inventory levels, back order metrics, supplier relationships, new product introductions, and product life cycle goals. This position provides oversight, feedback and ongoing reporting related to supply chain activities and metrics. This position will also assume responsibility for the Quality Assurance group and the MPL staff. These duties include but are limited to the oversight of all QA related processes and or issues as it relates to the supplier performance, the MPL process creates the master parts list, parts handbooks and service manual creation.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide input to the strategic demand plan and procurement plan using inventory and supplier metrics in support of business objectives.
- Quantifiable demand calculation, desired inventory levels, MOQ’s, Supplier LT’s are all inputs to this analytics process.
- Review and approve purchase orders using GFAST.
- Review Buyer’s supplier delivery plans which are intended to minimize stock-outs, working capital expense and delivery costs.
- Review, monitor and manage monthly Supplier Forecasting process and prep for SCM review.
Analytics, System and Inventory Maintenance and Reporting:
- Provide team leadership and develop into the functional expert for SAP, GFAST and Xllerate system. Manage system maintenance as required (e.g., part set-up, BOM creation and maintenance, supplier settings, and inventory settings). Conduct on-going forensic review to maintain data at the highest level of accuracy.
- Conduct Inventory analytics including:
- BO Analysis/Fill-Rate metrics
- ABC analysis
- Price analysis and system maintenance
- Standard cost development and review
- Cost reporting for management review
- Manage Excess/Obsolescence front end process.
Master Part List creation:
- Oversee the staff in the creation of the MPL process from YMC.
- Ensure the timely processing to support unit launch requirements and dealer support for initial parts requirements.
- Maintain the scheduled creation on the parts handbooks, service manuals and updates.
- Effective process all revision notices from YMC, YMMC, YJBM and all domestic suppliers.
Quality Assurance Process, and Project Management oversight:
- QA to provide Engineering and Technical Expertise and Input to Supply Management Functions and Tasks. (This will include adherence to engineering drawings, standards, specifications and testing requirements meeting Yamaha’s quality and reliability standards.)
- Ensure the effective project management and coordination efforts on all activities required to launch and establish new and re-sourced parts and accessories to meet the Cost, Quality and Delivery targets.
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of RFQ packages and Supplier Project Timelines.
- Manage the projects profitability utilizing the required forms and templates.
- Ensure the information reported should be maintained and updated with the latest costing, delivery and comments.
- Ensure the coordination of Supplier Project Kick Off meetings for “Timing and Action Plan”, ensuring that the milestones are met according to the PPAP process. Serve as our liaison with our manufacturing partners and manage the supplier’s resources as well deliverables.
- Ensure the negotiations meet the best possible pricing and / or exceed the Target Costs while meeting the “In Stock” date objectives.
- Ensure that all CSG supplied WIP components as well as packaging requirements and needs are addressed and met for all projects.
- Establish Supplier Warranty Agreements as required.
Supplier Selection, Development, and Relationship Management:
- Manage supplier relationships for assigned new and / or active parts and accessories (e.g., sourcing, communication and follow-up related to purchase order schedules, supplier capacity, supplier evaluation, and supplier pricing).
- Manage, monitor and track supplier performance based on CQD objectives and ensure that suppliers meet the required standards and targets.
- Act as a facilitator and relationship management champion balancing the CSG and Supplier needs.
- Maintain constant and consistent communication with supplier base noting their capacities and capabilities.
- Administer and manage Supplier Contracts / Master Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements and any special agreements required to facilitate the commercial relationships.
Fiscal Responsibility & Risk Management:
- Coordination and Project Management of the Cost Reduction Initiatives related to procurement.
- Ensure that the Product Procurement continues to drive down costs and apply their best efforts to prevent cost increases.
- Support the organizations “Green Procurement” initiatives as required. Participate in CSG Supplier Pre-Assessments, Development and Evaluation Process (as required). Oversee QA and other related departments as required. Monitor supplier’s capabilities, capacity and performance. Process D & B reports as required.
- Delegate tasks and projects to develop staffs project management skills and provide growth or training opportunities. Ensure that the staff is provided with the necessary tools for continued growth and development.
- Provide a positive and effective work atmosphere that fosters open communication. In addition to making certain that the staff perform in a professional manner in conduct, appearance, communication and interaction both internally and with external contacts. To be proactive in addressing deviations from the standards.
Other Supply Chain Related Activities:
- Ensure vendor/supplier conformance to YPAD policy and procedures to eliminate any supply interruption.
- Assist Purchasing Specialist with supplier related activities (i.e., receiving problem discrepancies, invoicing discrepancies, etc.), with the DC’s and / or
- Designated Packager to facilitate prompt receipt of inventory.
- Keep management informed of key issues and forward weekly status and other requested reports as required.
- Support the Procurement Administrations requirements for Tooling Administration and Tracking, Supplier Metrics and Supplier Database Tracking.
- Manage, coordinate and execute special projects and tasks as assigned.
- BS / BA degree in Supply Chain, a quantitative discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience required. CPM or CPIM certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Purchasing and Material Planning in a high-volume transaction-oriented environment. Analytics, systems, and advanced Microsoft Excel capability required.
- Minimum of 7 years leadership experience within an Operations, Purchasing, Supply Chain environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a team
- Ability to communicate with various levels of the organization
Reports to: VP, Customer Support Unit.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!