Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Supplier Compliance Specialist to join our Supply Chain team in Kennesaw, GA. This role will be the main source of contact regarding Substances of Concern, Green Procurement, and compliance for suppliers of parts and accessories. This position will also include the coordination among multiple YMUS divisions for the same items.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Coordinate and maintain Substance of Concern (SOC) / Green Procurement Program and other corporate requirements with suppliers
· Create notifications and publications to suppliers regarding YMUS’ Environmental Policies and Substances of Concern
· Ensure IMDS and corporate database entry by suppliers in support of Green Procurement initiatives
· Communicate directly with suppliers to provide training and support
· Read and interpret engineering schematics and drawings
· Will use Microsoft Office and Excel in daily work to track, maintain, and present work
· Coordinate required third party lab tests for part content and material verification
· Work cross-functionally with YMUS Business Units to provide regulatory guidance and compile required information
· Provide project management for material substitution (which includes conducting supplier surveys)
· Make and present reports to management
· Develop plans, work instructions, and schedules to meet company requirements
· High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 3-5 years’ experience purchasing or environmental field of work
· Knowledge / Experience with IMDS/SOC Requirements, Purchasing preferred
· Experience with compliance and/or product stewardship program (ex. GADSL, REACH)
· Ability to read engineering schematics/drawings
· Experience working with suppliers
· Excellent Computer skills, including Microsoft Excel
· Ability to create and present reports to management
· Chemical and Material Knowledge
· Strong communication skills are a must
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!