Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Quality Assurance Division Manager to join our Marine team in Kennesaw, GA. The Division Manager of Quality Assurance for the Yamaha U.S. Marine Business Unit (MBU) owns the development and execution of the complete Quality Management strategy for the North American MBU overall. This role is responsible for supporting the business unit level product development and operations, along with leading the continued development of our Quality Management Systems in our North American MBU manufacturing facilities. Engaging others and having a passion for the work are keys to success in this role.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reports to Vice President of the U.S. Marine Business Unit (MBU).
- Plan and direct the Mid-Term Plan for the Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA (YMUS) Quality division and MBU group subsidiaries.
- Responsible for the management of YMUS Quality division objectives (MBO).
- Building strong and trusted working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Interface with all the YMUS functions and the parent company Yamaha Motor Corporation (YMC) related functions.
- Plan and direct Quality Assurance activities in each MBU group subsidiaries.
- Work together with MBU manufacturing subsidiaries to create, align, and implement Quality performance KPIs.
- Work together with quality staff of each subsidiary to resolve Quality issues in manufacturing processes and customer claims.
- Responsible for organization of monthly quality meeting
- Plan and direct activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for inspection processes and materials.
- Responsible for the improvement of Quality Management System for YMUS MBU and MBU subsidiaries.
- Responsible for new product launch quality developed by YMUS MBU Product Development.
- Responsible for problem solving of quality issues found during the preparation and initial control activities for new product developed by YMUS MBU Product Development.
- Responsible for supporting Procurement quality engineering when required.
- Responsible for Developing budget plan and managing the expenses for necessary quality activities.
- BS degree in Engineering required. MS or MBA degree preferred but not required
- At least 7-10 years of experience in Quality assurance or Quality control in a manufacturing setting
- At least 5 years of experience with management responsibility for multiple locations.
- Demonstrated application of quality engineering skills and problem-solving techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with applied experience working in a cross functional team environment.
- Knowledge of APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning)
- Knowledge of quality control tools Ex.; PPAP, P-FMEA, D-FMEA, SPC, etc.
- Knowledge of Quality Standard (ISO9001, IATF16949)
- Ability to listen to and effectively collaborate with factory operators is key to success.
- Knowledge of the recreational boating market, customer and competitive business understanding will be a plus
- While visiting subsidiaries, walking, standing, talking in noisy environment can happen.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequent travel to our manufacturing subsidiaries is required (up to 50% travel). They are in Kilgore, TX, Lebanon, MO, Indianapolis, IN, Milwaukee, WI, Deerfield Beach, FL and Vonore, TN.
- Commodities: Glass fiber boats, Aluminum boats, roto-molded plastic parts, casted outboard propellers, and electrical parts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Reports to: Vice President, U.S. Marine Business Unit.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!