Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Propeller Product Manager to join our Marine team in Kennesaw, GA. This Product Manager’s primary responsibility is Yamaha propeller segment planning. This role will be responsible for crafting short, mid and long-term plans for the Yamaha propeller line to be approved by Management. Ideal candidate will have extensive experience with outboard motor propellers within the Marine industry. Special training and experience on propeller use, terminology and production methods are highly desired.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Gathers competitive product/market information and performs competitive analyses for, and in conjunction with, Yamaha Motor Corporation (YMC-Japan) and/or Yamaha Marine U.S., including arranging and hosting OEM and dealer survey trips.
· Works with YMUS and YMC to gather, vet, organize, display, and update product information.
· Assists in the planning and development of new products, including any needed vendor interaction.
· Identifies potential new products and related areas of profit.
· Properly submits new product requests, and tracks (champions) submissions.
· Interfaces internally and externally to help determine needs and direction of Yamaha products.
· Develops and conducts product training and introductions in B2B and B2C environments.
· Assists in development, vetting, and delivery of product messages relative to marketing materials, print and electronic media, and product packaging. Works with marketing group to effectively develop content for social media.
· Assists with related product displays relative to product information and messaging.
· Assists as necessary with packaging and/or kitting set-up as a product expert.
· Integrates, works closely with, and backs up other Product Specialists in a team atmosphere.
· BA / BS degree or equivalent professional experience in a related position required
· Minimum three (3) years product management experience in a product-specific environment
· Demonstrated abilities in research, reporting, and report delivery
· Experience in manufacturer/dealer or franchisor/franchisee industry settings preferred
· Demonstrated B2B and B2C communication skills required
· Technical aptitude, abilities, and/or background required
· Product use and application experience strongly preferred
· Ability to develop and deliver training and information materials highly considered
· Marine industry and/or dealership experience strongly preferred. Boating background very helpful.
· Demonstrated abilities and effectiveness at business travel required
· Approximately 30% travel required, with short periods of heavy travel required
· Must be analytical, proactive, and a self-starter, with ability to recognize and act on opportunities
· Must be able to take initiative and excel without direct supervision.
· Strong working knowledge and proficiency in MS Office (i.e., Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, etc.)- or the ability to rapidly obtain it – is a must.
· Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality is a must.
Reports to: Product Planning Manager.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!