Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Fleet Service Technician to join our Golf Car team in Florence, SC. The Fleet Service Technician maintains golf cars. He / she will perform warranty and billable work as needed. This position will report market problems as they arise. This position’s primary role could be inside or outside the office, depending on business needs and management discretion.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Promptly and professionally respond to golf customer Phone Calls / Service Calls at golf courses. Provide field service and customer support to include teardown, troubleshoot, evaluate, repair, test and installation of components. Provide expert advice, training and technical assistance to golf course customers and Yamaha Dealers.
- Complete all service contacts using call management system to include work orders, golf car audit report, battery discharge reports, and parts orders.
- Effectively report (verbal and written) progress and recommendations to management customer.
- Adhere to all golf course and Dealership requirements and procedures while performing maintenance on customer Fleet or PTV Golf Cars.
- Efficiently and accurately order, receive ship and audit golf car parts to support the needs and requirements of the market. This requirement is at the RSM direction is subject to change as assigned.
- When using or operating company vehicles, follow all company policies pertaining to their use and maintenance of the vehicles. Maintain work area, service truck and storage facility in a safe, clean and orderly condition at all times.
- Training support for all customers both internal and external. This is required as need for all YGC customer at RSM direction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous hands-on engine repair experience required, 5 years preferred.
- Must have a strong background in mechanical repair.
- Ability to translate verbal instructions into finished product.
- Must have a clean driving record and valid driver’s license required.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Must possess a positive attitude towards safety.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
- Depending on business need, must be able to travel with occasional overnight stays.
- Must be able to work in most types of weather when required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 70 Lbs.
- Must be able to repeatedly bend, lift, kneel, pull or perform other movements commonly associated with working on Golf Cars.
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must maintain a clean and professional appearance.
Reports to: Regional Service Manager.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!