Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for an Transportation Coordinator to join our Logistics team in Cypress, CA. The Transportation Coordinator will coordinate the movement of auction product, freight to dealer, spot quotes, and irregular transportation requirements as directed by the Transportation Supervisor. Transportation coordinators oversee the time delivery of goods. Maintain delivery schedules and track deliveries to ensure deliveries are met. Update and provide tracking information to customers as well as to internal managers.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Coordinate with warehouse load planners at assigned facilities on load planning, routing and TMS issues. Responsible for ensuring balance with freight and multiple transportation options, maximizing utilization, ensuring customer and sales requirements are entered correctly into system, and planning to achieve customer and company goals.
· Coordinate with carrier personnel to address transportation related problems as needed (i.e., load coverage, routing problems, systems issues, weight discrepancies, detention charges, spot quotes, etc).
· Coordinate the movement of auction product from the auction facility to the respective dealerships. Monitor and manage the purchase of shipping supplies related to auction shipments and side by side shipments.
· Meet on time delivery (OTD) requirements and clearly communicate any possible delays to respective Sales Groups and Logistics Management to alleviate any miscommunications or delays with transportation updates.
· Arrange inbound & outbound parts shipments from suppliers to Unit warehouses and from Yamaha vendors to our dealer network.
· Supply other departments with transportation related information as requested (e.g., quotes, transit times, special handling, etc).
· Prepare and distribute weekly Fuel Surcharge Report as well as updating the TMS with any changes to the Fuel Surcharge. Maintain carrier PRO #’s in TMS.
· Utilize various SAP platforms including SAP TM for reporting and monitoring transportation performance. Assist with annual RFP, including carrier vetting/recruitment, negotiations, and contract entry in TMS.
· Support the domestic transportation mission to find high performing carriers and address underperforming carrier issues.
· High School diploma; BA / BS / AS or some college preferred.
· 3+ years experience in transportation required.
· Ability to get Hazmat Certified: 49CFR, IATA, IMDG; current and active Hazmat Certification a plus
· Must have a strong understanding of the transportation and logistics industry.
· Must have a sound understanding of geography and acronyms as it relates to transportation.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time sensitive situations in a fast-paced environment.
· Attention to detail and good quantitative skills are required.
· Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment.
· TMS knowledge and experience a plus.
· Must be able to learn and regularly operate various computer systems across different platforms.
· Advanced desktop computer skills to include Microsoft Office
Reports to: Transportation Supervisor.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!