Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for an Inventory Control & Testing Tech to join our Motorsports team in Cypress, CA. The Inventory Control & Testing Tech/Rider will manage all YMC, YEC, OEM, OW Special Parts, Yamalube, and GYTR parts orders, in addition to support team orders for the Racing and Testing Dept. Manage all support team parts activity and report weekly on balances, invoicing as needed. Manage all import and export shipping requirements, along with domestic shipping. Mechanically prepare and transport units/equipment for press and test evaluations. Attend press intro rides and events to provide technical expertise and related assistance. Ride and evaluate street and off-road motorcycles with written reports, reflecting the test results, and make recommendations for future U.S. models.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and originate all invoices, packing slips, purchase orders for YMC/YEC, OEM/special parts, Yamalube, and GYTR products, with the use of GFAST and SAP.
- Track all support team’s OEM and special parts activity and report weekly with a breakdown of the orders and balances, invoicing as needed.
- Process all shipments for the Racing and Testing Departments, including imports/exports, and domestic shipments, insuring they are billed to the appropriate team/department.
- Mechanically prepare and transport units/equipment for press and test evaluations. Attend press intro rides and events to provide technical expertise and related assistance, while communicating model technical features and benefits to journalists.
- Ride and evaluate street/dirt motorcycles with written reports reflecting the test results.
- Maintain marketing test unit fleet, and transport vehicles.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current MC product and accessories
- Minimum High School Diploma required; college degree preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge (Excel, Word, Outlook, GFAST, SAP)
- Advanced knowledge of the workings of motorcycles
- California motorcycle / driver’s license (also must pass DOT physical to drive box truck)
- Travel up to 15% of the time (air travel and some weekend work)
Reports to: Racing Dept. Mgr.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!