Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a District Sales Manager to join our Motorsports team in the Alabama & Tennessee territory. Represent Yamaha in a professional manner to the dealer network within a defined territory. This will include dealer relations pertaining to retail program support, wholesale order programs, accessory sales, both consumer and dealer events, and most importantly dealer development. The position requires functioning as a business consultant to the dealers by helping them improve their overall business through increased sales, customer satisfaction, profitability, etc.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a business consultant to the dealer: Assist them to meet market demand for Yamaha products, create strong business goals for dealer in priority trade areas and help them improve their overall business.
- Develop rapport with dealership staff. Develop strategies to improve dealer performance (sales, market share, shop share, customer satisfaction – sales and service, Yamaha extended service contracts).
- Educate dealers on utilization of sales programs to maximize unit sales and market potential. Encourage dealers use their co-op funds to increase Yamaha exposure in the local market area.
- Provide systematic and organized input to Regional Business Managers on market conditions, including creating regular district sales reports and documenting performance on dealer visits.
- Promote Yamaha products at required consumer events; including Dealer Shows, Regional Shows, and District Events.
- Create and implement an annual business plan based on market conditions, dealer programs and performance.
- Monitor dealer’s facility, capital and management to assure compliance with company standards and agreements.
- Conduct periodic dealer meetings throughout the assigned territory and work at corporate, regional and dealer events as required by the Regional Business Manager.
- Complete all formal documentation for the set-up, relocation, cancellation and buyout of Yamaha Motorsports dealerships within the district.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Sales, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant industry experience in field operations, or in a motorsports or automotive retail sales setting required
- 2+ years prior management experience a huge plus
- Demonstrated success in improving business performance, i.e., retail sales, customer satisfaction levels
- Team player with excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to think and work independently out in the field
- Proven ability to improve and maintain high standards of service customer satisfaction
- Ability to read and understand business financial statements
- Proficient computer skills (Excel; Word; Powerpoint: MS Outlook)
- Extensive travel is required
- Ability to work multiple weekends per month
- Ability to relocate is required
Reports to: Regional Business Manager.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!