Team Tedder Racing and Hampton Tedder Electric Co. is seeking a dynamic team player who will have the ability to work away from home six (6) months of the year (January thru May) on the professional Supercross circuit as a Commercial – Class A driver and race team member. The other half of the year work as a Supercross/Motocross practice mechanic and/or high voltage construction yard helper and Commercial – Class A driver. This position provides a lot of overtime and time traveling the USA following the Supercross circuit. This is a fast paced team environment and successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to adapt to changing work conditions while maintaining the highest level of safety, confidentiality & honesty. No job is too small, and “not in my job description” does not apply to this position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- From January thru May drive a 70’ class A motor home and stacker trailer on the Monster Energy Professional Supercross Circuit.
- Act as Team Videographer
- Act as crew team member supporting professional Supercross racers.
- Maintain Team Race shop and equipment as required.
- Schedule maintenance for race vehicles and equipment as required.
- Coordinate practice riding with race personnel as required.
- Non race season duties include but are not limited to – Working outside in an electrical construction yard / Verifying inventory / Verifying deliveries /
- Carrying items up to 50 pounds for several feet / Material Deliveries
- Take direction and effectively adapt to changing work needs in multiple company divisions.
- The ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Communicate clearly and constructively with managers, field personnel and clients about changes or obstacles to work flow.
- Maintain accurate documentation, including recording issues and documenting changes.
- The ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment is critical.
- Commercial Class A Driver’s License.
- Clean driving record with valid driver’s license.
- Weekend availability
- Sit down forklift experience.
- Ability to pass standard background check.
- Ability to pass pre-hire drug test.
- Unrestricted ability to bend, stoop, squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn and reach out.
- Ability to travel and be away from home for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge of and ability to secure loads using ratchet straps and/or chains & binders.
- Able to be away from home living in a motor home from January thru May each year.
- Able to meet strict deadlines.
- Follow directions.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail in all work, especially when performing repetitive tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and able to prioritize work.
- Ability to multi-task and remain effectual in all work performed.
- Take pride in all tasks performed.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Prior construction yard experience preferred.
- Prior construction or electrical background is a plus.
- Motorsports enthusiast / experience a plus.
Trucking driver type:
- Team Driver / Company driver
Ability to commute/relocate:
Montclair, CA 91763: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Commercial Driving: 3 years (Required)
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
APPLICANT MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREENING.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Salary: $75,000.00 per year