Multi dealer group is looking for a highly motivated, team driven sales manager for a large volume Harley-Davidson dealership located in the Southeast. Candidates must have proven leadership skills, proven track record and the ability to develop a sales team. The sales manager is responsible for producing a profitable sales department, outstanding customer experience, and retaining a trained knowledgeable staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Sales Department Operations
· Oversee and manage all operations of new and pre-owned vehicles.
· Ensure sales department contributes acceptable levels of gross and net profit.
· Ensure sales personnel are well trained, motivated, and available when needed.
· Determine sales quota’s for sales personnel in accordance to their skill levels.
· Oversee sales, trade-ins, and delivery of all new and used vehicles.
· Maintain a sales history and/or vehicle history log book.
· Establish realistic forecasts.
· Initiate and maintain an inventory control system along with net profit objectives which eliminate the possibility of “lower than anticipated” profits.
· Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for sales management.
· Establish procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all paperwork.
· Maintain showroom with a variety of vehicles set-up with different accessories and paint schemes, displayed in a well lighted environment which draws customers.
· Maintain clean efficient facilities.
2) Customer Service
· Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle sales to customers by using current pro-active feature benefit sales techniques.
· Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
· Ensure customers are properly qualified for needs, wants, and ability to buy.
· Institute a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business.
· Ensure cross sales of P&A, financing, general merchandise, warranties, HOG Dues, insurance products and services.
· Develop and ensure use of a common and consistent quotation methodology for vehicle sales, trade-ins and purchases.
· Establish and ensure road test, pre-delivery inspection, and vehicle delivery policies and procedures are followed.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
· Maintain sales follow‑up programs.
· Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
· Develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with the parts and service departments.
· Maintain efficiency reports on sales representatives.
· Provide reports to GM, as requested.
· Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with GM.
· Attend training sessions to keep current with sales department issues.
4) Other Duties
· As necessary
· Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the work load of all employees.
· Train Sales Representatives to use consistent and current sales methodologies.
· Set policies and procedures for sales department.
· Manage employee performance (evaluate and council) and conduct performance reviews in a timely manner.
· Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminating employees.
· Forward records of all employee performance reviews, disciplinary actions, job promotions, pay adjustments and letters of recommendation to appropriate personnel for placement in personnel files.
· Provide training for all sales employees (seminars; workshops; sales schools, etc.).
· Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
· Model superior customer service behavior for all sales personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees GM and owner(s).
· Remain current with all sales department training available by reviewing ProSell & P.A.C.E. tapes and attending seminars, workshops, and other related training programs.
· Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
· Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
· Demonstrate an interest in growing the sales business.
· Focus on quality.