Harley Davidson Service Technician:
New techs and experienced techs needed right now! Full and part time.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR A, B & C LEVEL TECHNICIANS!!
Extremely competitive pay, Employee discounts, great hours, plus benefits.
5-day work schedule
Signing Bonus and/or Relocation Assistance for candidates with the right experience and training!
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- Mechanic / dealership experience (Harley Davidson preferred)
- State certified (preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License with Motorcycle Endorsement
- Own tools to perform assigned jobs
- Proficient with motorcycle lifts
- Organized with high level of attention to detail & focus on quality work and customer service
- Completion of a factory authorized formal training program such as MMI Service School, Motorcycle trade college, or equivalent work experience.
- Service Technicians need both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our products.
Completed Harley-Davidson courses a plus, not required
Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to successfully diagnose and repair Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and install Harley-Davidson and aftermarket accessories
- Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motor vehicles as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality.
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, service to (internal & external) customers.
- Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible. Continually improve this “efficiency” skill.
- Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
- Accept work assignments from Service Writer / Manager.
- Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
- Perform repairs, service & maintenance, warranty, accessory, & customization work in accordance with factory specifications.
- Assist Service Writer, when requested, with writing up work orders, communicating with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
- Notify Service Writer / Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customers may be contacted and notified of the delay.
- After the job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
- Maintain technical (PHD and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
- Ensure dependable, timely, & high quality of work to minimize comeback repairs. Deal with comeback repairs promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
- Keep work areas as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness & free of any potential hazards
- Complete Repair Orders within scheduled & allocated time as designated in Service Schedule & provided in accordance with Service Manager’s workflow
- Properly complete and file paperwork & request parts needed to complete jobs as early as possible
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Focus on quality.
- Applicants must have a positive attitude and the ability to clearly communicate with service staff, parts staff and customers. Maintain a positive attitude, ability to adapt, willingness to commit to the success of Service Department
- Develop & maintain a positive working relationship with Sales, Parts, & Service departments.
- Seek & provide feedback for ongoing growth & performance
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motorcycle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lift 40 lb. of material.
- Frequently requires the ability to balance and push a 500+ lb. motorcycle.
- Dyno Room
- Specialty tools supplied
- Lifts provided
White Lightning Harley Davidson
7720 Lee Hwy.
Chattanooga, TN 37421