WPS is seeking an industry-experienced “Road Warrior” Outside Sales Representative to join its V-Twin Sales Division to help grow and develop the sales territory in S.E. Wisconsin.
WPS Outside Sales Reps sell V-twin motorcycle hard parts and apparel to territory dealerships while promoting the HardDrive brand and company objectives. Candidates should possess the ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with a wide variety of personalities, while performing in a fast-paced, sales-driven environment.
Highly qualified individuals for this territory will have 2+ years of experience in the V-Twin / Harley Davidson industry, coupled with 3+ years of demonstrated sales performance.
If you’re a self-starter who enjoys working independently, have strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills, and excel at finding solutions to varying customer challenges, this is an exciting opportunity to enhance your career!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds quickly to dealer needs and requests, involving resources as necessary, to deliver solutions and produce sales
- Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and responds accordingly
- Introduces or demonstrates new products, using sales samples or product catalog, to emphasize features and benefits
- Effectively communicates the value of a WPS business partnership, including available brands, products, e-commerce options and exceptional dealer support staff
- Assists dealerships in sales-floor layout and point of purchase displays to encourage growth of WPS brands and products
- Designs and implements territory management and account growth strategies
- Creates partnerships to foster cooperation with inside sales and support team, dealer employees and vendor representatives
- Provides outstanding customer service by identifying and actively addressing dealership needs and requests
- Presents sales samples, specials and related support material to provide comprehensive product presentations
- Regularly meets with Sales Manager to review sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective accounts
- **Motorcycle sports industry experience REQUIRED**
- **You MUST reside in the territory**
- “Road Warrior” / traveling salesman experience REQUIRED
- Territory development and account management experience REQUIRED
- The highest codes of personal and ethical conduct
- Competitive spirit, an intense ambition to succeed and self-motivated
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with a keen sense of responsibility and follow-through
- A proactive, solutions-based approach with a desire to provide exceptional customer interactions to drive sales
- A demonstrated ability to meet the growing needs of the customers and company alike
- Willingness to travel throughout assigned territory using self-provided, reliable transportation
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Apple iPad applications
- Job Type: Commission
About Western Power Sports
At Western Power Sports, our motto is "work hard, play hard". We are seeking individuals who are passionate about life and bring that energy to their careers. As a member of our team, you will be exposed to the fast-paced powersports environment, which has experienced explosive growth over recent years. We offer competitive pay and benefits coupled with potential for career growth.
Love the great outdoors? Love riding anything with two wheels? Four wheels? Skis? Based in beautiful Boise, Idaho, access to the great outdoors is just outside your front door. So what is it we do? We like to say “we sell fun.” As one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket powersports parts, apparel, and accessories, we are a group of enthusiasts that work hard, play just as hard, and sell fun products to a nationwide network of dealers and fellow enthusiasts.
Beyond our enthusiasm for the powersports industry, we provide many perks besides easy access to a sportsman’s paradise. Take advantage of a fully groomed motocross track, during scheduled company ride days, at our on-site test motocross track; get in a lunchtime workout session at our state-of-the-art gym facility—complete with half-court basketball court; or, take part in our weekly group mountain bike ride.
What else? Well, in case you haven’t noticed already, we like to have fun around here. We value a casual office atmosphere paired with an intense competitive drive to succeed. We strive to bring our customers the best product, service and delivery in the friendliest, most helpful manner possible—while at the same time having fun and enjoying what we do. Sound like fun? Then join us!