WPS is seeking an experienced, sales driven, HardDrive/VTwin Statutory Sales Representative for the sales territory that covers Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin and Waco areas. HardDrive Statutory Sales Representatives sell powersports parts, accessories and apparel to territory dealerships while promoting HardDrive house-brands to meet company business goals and sales objectives.
The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of “road warrior” experience in the powersports sales and motorcycle dealership industry, be sales focused, and possess the ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with a wide variety of personalities to capture and establish a profitable sales relationship with all powersports and motorcycle dealers in the assigned territory.
This role requires you to be a self-starter, driven and motivated to work your territory, close sales, and represent our company and our brands in a professional, confident manner. If you enjoy working independently, and have strong presentation, negotiation and closing skills, then this is an exciting opportunity for you!
We invite you to submit your resume and cover letter explaining why YOU are the ideal candidate for this opportunity!
- Respond quickly to dealer needs and requests, involving all resources as necessary, to deliver solutions and produce sales
- Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and responds accordingly
- Introduce or demonstrate new products, using sales samples or order catalog, to emphasize features benefits
- Effectively communicate the value of a WPS business partnership, including available brands, products, eCommerce options and exceptional dealer support staff
- Assist dealerships in sales-floor layout and point-of-purchase displays to encourage growth of WPS brands and products
- Design and implement territory management and account growth strategies
- Create partnerships to foster cooperation with our Inside Sales and Support teams, dealer employees and vendor representatives
- Provide outstanding customer service by identifying and actively addressing dealership needs and requests
- Present sales samples, specials and related support material to provide comprehensive product presentations
- Regularly meets with Regional Sales Manager to review sales activities, progress on goals and status of prospective accounts
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must reside in the sales territory described – REQUIRED.
- Candidate MUST have a minimum of 3 years of powersports / motorcycle industry experience and/or have experience working with industry dealers – REQUIRED!
- Candidate MUST have a minimum of 3 years outside sales experience with a proven track record of capturing market share and providing world class customer service – REQUIRED!
- A competitive spirit and an intense, self-driven ambition to succeed are a must
- Resolute personal and business ethics with the highest standards of professional conduct at all times
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with a keen sense of responsibility, accountability and consistent follow-through
- A proactive, solutions-based business approach with a desire to provide exceptional customer interactions to drive sales
- A demonstrated ability to meet the growing needs of the customers and company alike
- Willingness to travel throughout the assigned territory using self-provided, reliable transportation
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Apple iPad applications
**Any offer of a contract subject to candidate successfully completing a Pre-employment Background Search**
About Western Power Sports
Work hard. Play hard – WPS and the FLY Racing Culture
For 60 years, our motto at Western Power Sports has been "Work hard. Play hard". We are the home of FLY Racing , a group of powersports enthusiasts who are passionate about the brand, the lifestyle, and the value we bring to the world of powersports through our extensive product offerings and dealer network. We value a competitive drive to succeed and the desire to be THE BEST. We strive to offer our customers the best products, fastest delivery, and the ultimate customer service experience in the powersports industry, one customer and one order at a time, every time. We seek talented individuals who are passionate about life and bring that passion and energy to their work! If you have the skills, the talents and the experience we need, we would love to hear from you!