Job type: Statutory, Commission structured
Territory: North of San Antonio down to Corpus Christi, TX
A WPS HardDrive Statutory Sales Representative is responsible for producing HardDrive/VTwin sales in the defined territory and is expected to develop close and profitable relationships with area dealers. This role reports to the Western Regional Sales Manager. Statutory Sales Representatives are expected to effectively sell powersports parts, accessories, and apparel to territory dealerships while promoting our WPS HardDrive brand and working to achieve company sales and service objectives.
While this role falls under a Regional Sales Manager, a Statutory Sales Representative defines their own day-to-day agenda and manages their territory to meet stated sales and business goals. A successful salesman demonstrates the ability to communicate with a wide variety of personalities effectively and persuasively, and possesses an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the market. You must love the industry, be honest, trustworthy, consistent and persistent, have strong presentation, negotiation and closing skills, and excel at finding solutions to sales and service challenges. You must be driven, ambitious, and passionate about the industry!
This position offers guaranteed commission for the first year, with structured commission earnings after the first year.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work the assigned territory in a professional and consistent manner and be responsible for meeting sales goals and objectives.
- Respond quickly to dealer needs and requests, involving all resources as necessary, to deliver solutions and produce sales.
- Develop and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and responds accordingly.
- Introduce or demonstrate new products, using sales samples or order catalog, to emphasize features and benefits.
- Effectively communicate the value of a WPS business partnership, including available brands, products, eCommerce options and exceptional dealer support staff.
- Assist dealerships in sales-floor layout and point-of-purchase displays to promote and encourage growth of WPS brands and products.
- Design and implement territory management and account growth strategies.
- Create partnerships to foster cooperation with Inside Sales and the WPS Sales Support team, dealer employees and vendor representatives.
- Provide outstanding customer service by identifying and actively addressing dealer needs and requests.
- Present sales samples, specials and related support material to provide comprehensive product presentations.
- Regularly meet with the Western Regional Sales Manager to review sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective accounts.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A PASSION for the powersports industry – A ROAD WARRIOR!
- A minimum of 3 years of powersports/motorcycle industry experience and/or have experience working with industry dealers – REQUIRED!
- A minimum of 3 years outside sales experience with a proven track record of capturing market share and providing world class customer service – REQUIRED!
- A competitive spirit and an intense, self-driven ambition to succeed are a must.
- Resolute personal and business ethics, with the highest standards of professional conduct at all times.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with a keen sense of responsibility and follow-through.
- A proactive, solutions-based business approach with a desire to provide exceptional customer interactions to drive sales.
- A demonstrated ability to meet the growing needs of the customers and company alike.
- Willingness to travel throughout the assigned territory using self-provided, reliable transportation.
- Computer literate for MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Apple iPad applications.
**ANY OFFER OF A CONTRACT IS DEPENDENT UPON THE SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND SEARCH**
About Western Power Sports
Work hard. Play hard – WPS and the FLY Racing Culture
For 60 years, our motto at Western Power Sports has been "Work hard. Play hard". We are the home of FLY Racing , a group of powersports enthusiasts who are passionate about the brand, the lifestyle, and the value we bring to the world of powersports through our extensive product offerings and dealer network. We value a competitive drive to succeed and the desire to be THE BEST. We strive to offer our customers the best products, fastest delivery, and the ultimate customer service experience in the powersports industry, one customer and one order at a time, every time. We seek talented individuals who are passionate about life and bring that passion and energy to their work! If you have the skills, the talents and the experience we need, we would love to hear from you!