WPS is seeking an experienced VTwin/HardDrive Statutory Sales Representative in the San Antonio / Austin, TX area for our VTwin/HardDrive product lines. HardDrive Statutory Sales Representatives sell powersports parts, accessories and apparel to territory dealerships while promoting HardDrive house-brands to meet company business and sales objectives.
The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of “road warrior” experience and possess the ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with a wide variety of personalities in a fast-paced, sales-driven environment. The candidate we are looking for will have three plus years of experience in the powersports industry as an outside sales representative and/or dealership experience and will actively work with motorcycle dealers in the assigned territory.
If you’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced sales environment, enjoys working independently, and have strong presentation, negotiation and closing skills, then this is an exciting opportunity for you!
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Responds quickly to dealer needs and requests, involving resources as necessary, to deliver solutions and produce sales
- Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and responds accordingly
- Introduces or demonstrates new products, using sales samples or order catalog, to emphasize features benefits
- Effectively communicates the value of a WPS business partnership, including available brands, products, eCommerce options and exceptional dealer support staff
- Assists dealerships in sales-floor layout and point of purchase displays to encourage growth of WPS brands and products
- Designs and implements territory management and account growth strategies
- Creates partnerships to foster cooperation with inside sales and support team, dealer employees and vendor representatives
- Provides outstanding customer service by identifying and actively addressing dealership needs and requests
- Presents sales samples, specials and related support material to provide comprehensive product presentations
- Regularly meets with Regional Sales Manager to review sales activities, progress on goals and status of prospective accounts
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Candidate MUST have a minimum of 3 years of powersports/motorcycle industry experience and/or have experience working with industry dealers – REQUIRED!
- Candidate MUST have a minimum of 3 years outside sales experience with a proven track record of capturing market share and providing world class customer service – REQUIRED!
- A competitive spirit and an intense, self-driven ambition to succeed are a must
- Resolute personal and business ethics with the highest standards of professional conduct at all times
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with a keen sense of responsibility and follow-through
- A proactive, solutions-based business approach with a desire to provide exceptional customer interactions to drive sales
- A demonstrated ability to meet the growing needs of the customers and company alike
- Willingness to travel throughout the assigned territory using self-provided, reliable transportation
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Apple iPad applications
Status: Statutory, Monthly Guaranteed Commission (1 to 2 years only) plus separate commission paid on Territory sales
Territory: San Antonio / Austin TX area.
About Western Power Sports
Love the great outdoors? Love being a part of a fast-paced, expanding community of passionate outdoor enthusiasts? Well we do too. We like to say “We sell fun.” As one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket powersports parts, apparel, and accessories, we believe in working hard and playing harder. We sell fun products, delivering to a nationwide-network of dealers from six warehouse locations around the country. Beyond our enthusiasm for the powersports industry, WPS is committed to the lives of our Sales associates and offers training, support, competitive commissions and an exciting work experience!