Western Power Sports, Inc. is currently seeking a Distribution Center Manager for our Midway, GA Fulfillment Center. The DC Manager is a key leader, responsible for all aspects of fulfilment center operations. This includes managing the operations team, driving strategic planning and execution of process improvements, infrastructure, and technology. Western Power Sports, Inc. prioritizes the hiring and development of our team members along with our company culture and productivity of the fulfillment center. Western Power Sports, Inc. is an innovative, wholesale, metric-driven company who thrives in 1-to-2-day deliverables to our customer base. In this high impact, high visibility role, you will work directly with executive management to set performance goals and align resources to execute to the strategic roadmap.
• Manage the Fulfillment Center team of Operations Managers, Operations Supervisors and Team Leaders who train, motivate, coach approximately 60 associates to drive performance in all departments such as inventory, inbound, order processing, picking, packing, forklift drivers, outbound shipping, and safety.
• Partner with the Human Resources and Recruiting teams to recruit, on-board, train and develop associates. Evaluate employee turnover and work together to build solutions.
• Communicate goals in a timely manner to ensure all employees at the fulfillment center clearly understand objectives to execute. Ensure associates receive appropriate feedback on performance.
• Drive operational goals for productivity, safety, quality, and costs. Seek continuous improvement while growing and expanding capabilities within the facility.
• Accountable for fulfillment center P&L reports.
• Work collaboratively with the other Fulfillment Center Mgrs, Merchandising, Technology, Operations Strategy, Finance and Human Resources teams. We strive for strong relationships with our internal partners to drive success together as a team.
• Champion a “customer-first” attitude with reinforcement, rewards, and employee engagement practices.
• Lead labor planning based on forecast and current staffing levels.
• Celebrate successes and acknowledge failures with specific solutions for improvement.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, operations management, or logistics and supply chain management. (Highly Desirable)
• At least of 10 years of supply chain leadership experience in fulfillment center, eCommerce or a similar environment with at least 100 employees. (MUST)
• Advanced ability to review and drive operations metrics.
• Superior communications skills to build relationships and deliver honest feedback.
• Ability to break down complex strategies into easily understood concepts.
• Solid knowledge of analytic tools and use of Excel.
• Previous experience in an automated e-commerce operation using scanners.
• Demonstrable experience in developing talent, coaching teams, and leading operations innovation
• You are comfortable with being an active and visible leader who spends time on the warehouse floor, allowing for first-hand knowledge of how things work.
• You are decisive and can quickly adapt to changes in data to easily pivot to drive results using that data. We move quickly and rely on being nimble as our business grows!
• You are organized and have strong attention to detail and have excellent follow-up.
• You are extremely customer and employee-centric and can manage ambiguity to balance short-term needs with big picture vision for the future.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
• Competitive compensation and benefits – medical, dental, vision reimbursement program
• 401k plus 3% match.
• Paid Time Off – incentives as we care most about results and work life balance.
• Excellent employee discount program
• Relocation assistance
**ANY OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT SUBJECT TO SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND SEARCH & DRUG SCREEN**
About Western Power Sports
Work hard. Play hard – WPS and the FLY Racing Culture
For 60 years, our motto at Western Power Sports has been "Work hard. Play hard". We are the home of FLY Racing , a group of powersports enthusiasts who are passionate about the brand, the lifestyle, and the value we bring to the world of powersports through our extensive product offerings and dealer network. We value a competitive drive to succeed and the desire to be THE BEST. We strive to offer our customers the best products, fastest delivery, and the ultimate customer service experience in the powersports industry, one customer and one order at a time, every time. We seek talented individuals who are passionate about life and bring that passion and energy to their work! If you have the skills, the talents and the experience we need, we would love to hear from you!