WPS is seeking an experienced Inbound Supervisor / Manager to help lead and manage inbound operations at our busy regional distribution center in Midlothian, TX. This is a “hands on” leadership and mentoring role working with new warehouse associates who may not be familiar with many aspects of warehouse operations.
Well-qualified individuals will have 2+ years of experience in a busy distribution center and bulk storage environment, preferably with experience in supervising 15 or more team members. If you thrive as a leader, excel at motivating others towards maximum efficiency and enjoy finding solutions to varying challenges, this is the opportunity to enhance your career!
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and oversees daily operations in the inbound operations area, managing a diverse team of 15+ team members of varying skill level and work experience.
- Maintains operational efficiency by ensuring team members are trained and fully compliant with standard procedures and receiving tasks.
- Keeps equipment operating efficiently by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requesting preventive maintenance; calling for repairs as needed.
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet receiving schedules.
- Oversees incoming shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Determines space requirements within warehouse and determines position of product within overflow warehouse areas.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or pick mod work areas.
- Compiles records of unfilled orders, Bills of Lading and all other documents pertinent to the receiving inbound area.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Supervises the daily operational functions, receiving flow, troubleshooting quality issues, handling staffing issues, monitoring incoming orders and coordinating training to employees
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of experience in a bulk distribution center/warehouse environment with upto 20,000 SKU codes REQUIRED.
- Associates degree or higher PREFERRED.
- 2+ years of experience in managing or leading a team of 15 or more team members REQUIRED.
- 2+ years of Inventory management experience, along with experience in supply chain processes REQUIRED.
- Highly motivated and dependable with demonstrated delegation, leadership, and teamwork skills.
- Strong computer skills for MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and experience working with handheld RF Scanners REQUIRED. Any experience with AS400 is a BIG PLUS.
- Forklift operation experience REQUIRED.
- Demonstrated personal commitment to safety, along with the highest standards of personal integrity and professional, ethical conduct at all times.
About Western Power Sports
Love the great outdoors? Love being a part of a fast-paced, expanding community of passionate outdoor enthusiasts? Well we do too. We like to say “We sell fun.” As one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket powersports parts, apparel, and accessories, we believe in working hard and playing harder. We sell fun products, delivering to a nationwide-network of dealers from six warehouse locations around the country. Beyond our enthusiasm for the powersports industry, WPS is committed to the lives of our Sales associates and offers training, support, competitive commissions and an exciting work experience!