WPS is seeking an experienced Outbound Supervisor/Manager from the local Midlothian, TX area to be an integral part of our management team at our busy distribution and warehouse center in Midlothian, TX.
The Outbound Manager will manage and support all outbound areas, ensure operations are efficient, organized, accurate and continually improving. You will work towards building strong goal-oriented leaders and work with operations and inventory teams for a balanced team structure throughout the warehouse.
Well-qualified individuals will have at least three plus years of experience in a busy distribution center leadership role. This is a hands-on role that requires the ability to work with, and mentor, staff of varying skill levels and experience levels. You must be able to handle extremely busy schedules and sometimes stressful situations. If you thrive as a leader in this environment, excel at managing supply chain processes for maximum efficiency, and enjoy finding solutions to operational challenges, this is the opportunity to enhance your career!
- Provides necessary leadership to the outbound team, including packing, freight and shipping teams.
- Maintains outbound, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing company operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by inspecting equipment, issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Assists in achieving financial objectives by ensuring adherence to operational goals and team building.
- Develops and analyzes production and operating reports and resolves operational, staffing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and to prevent operational delays.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Ensures warehouse staff is properly oriented and trained. May assist with recruiting and selection process.
- Provides leadership for and coordinates all activities of the warehouse staff to ensure high efficiency.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining team members; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Manages the daily operational functions on all shifts, including planning the workflow, troubleshooting quality issues, handling staffing issues, monitoring customer orders and coordinating training to team members.
- Develops and revises standard operational and working practices and observes team members to ensure compliance.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years of experience supervising a diverse team of 10 or more in a manufacturing or distribution setting REQUIRED.
- Associate degree or higher PREFERRED.
- Demonstrated experience with facility planning, analysis and layout of distribution and manufacturing operations REQUIRED.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of supply chain logistics processes, including demand planning, distribution requirements, planning, inventory management and control, and logistics planning, and warehousing REQUIRED.
- Knowledge of current industry best practices in supply chain management to support process improvement REQUIRED.
- Strong computer skills utilizing MS Office Suite and MS Excel REQUIRED. Experience with an AS400 environment A PLUS.
- Ability to motivate, mentor, influence and encourage a diverse group of team members who have varied skill levels and backgrounds REQUIRED.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships across multiple functions with other managers to ensure efficient operations across all teams REQUIRED.
- Working knowledge of how a business is run and variables that impact profitability REQUIRED.
- Working knowledge of effective inventory management and distribution practices REQUIRED.
- The highest standards of professional behavior and business ethics at all times REQUIRED.
- Personal commitment to safety and safety standards at all times REQUIRED.
About Western Power Sports
Love the great outdoors? Love being a part of a fast-paced, expanding community of passionate outdoor enthusiasts? Well we do too. We like to say “We sell fun.” As one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket powersports parts, apparel, and accessories, we believe in working hard and playing harder. We sell fun products, delivering to a nationwide-network of dealers from six warehouse locations around the country. Beyond our enthusiasm for the powersports industry, WPS is committed to the lives of our Sales associates and offers training, support, competitive commissions and an exciting work experience!