WPS is seeking an experienced Statutory Sales Representative to further develop and manage the defined sales territory of Ft. Worth, TX. WPS Statutory Sales Representatives sell powersports parts, accessories and apparel to territory dealerships while promoting WPS house-brands and working to achieve company sales and service objectives.
The ideal candidate should possess the ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with a wide variety of personalities, and thrives in a fast-paced, sales-driven environment. Highly qualified individuals will have three plus years of experience in the powersports industry as an outside sales representative, actively working with motorcycle dealers in the assigned territory.
If you are a self-starter who hates being stuck behind a desk, who enjoys working independently, has strong presentation, negotiation and closing skills, and excels at finding solutions to sales and service challenges, this is an exciting opportunity to take the next step and enhance your career in the exciting and growing powersports industry!
All interested candidates are invited to submit their resume with a cover letter explaining why you are the ideal sales professional for this position.
- Work the assigned territory in a professional and consistent manner and be responsible for meeting sales goals and objectives
- Responds quickly to dealer needs and requests, involving all resources as necessary, to deliver solutions and produce sales
- Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and responds accordingly
- Introduces or demonstrates new products, using sales samples or order catalog, to emphasize features and benefits
- Effectively communicates the value of a WPS business partnership, including available brands, products, eCommerce options and exceptional dealer support staff
- Assists dealerships in sales-floor layout and point-of-purchase displays to promote and encourage growth of WPS brands and products
- Designs and implements territory management and account growth strategies
- Creates partnerships to foster cooperation with Inside Sales and the WPS Sales Support team, dealer employees and vendor representatives
- Provides outstanding customer service by identifying and actively addressing dealer needs and requests
- Presents sales samples, specials and related support material to provide comprehensive product presentations
- Regularly meets with Regional Sales Manager to review sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective account
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A passion for powersports!
- Candidate MUST reside in the sales territory described
- A self-starter with a minimum of 3-5 years of powersports/motorcycle industry-related experience
- Travel throughout the assigned territory using self-provided, reliable transportation
- A minimum of 3 years outside sales experience with a proven track record of capturing market share and providing world class customer service – PREFERRED
- A competitive spirit and an intense, self-driven ambition to succeed and be the best
- Resolute personal and business ethics with the highest standards of professional conduct at all times
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with a keen sense of responsibility and follow-through
- A proactive, solutions-based business approach with a desire to provide exceptional customer interactions to promote and capture sales
- A demonstrated ability to meet the growing needs of the customers and Company alike
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Apple iPad applications
About Western Power Sports
Work hard. Play hard – WPS and the FLY Racing Culture
For 60 years, our motto at Western Power Sports has been "Work hard. Play hard". We are the home of FLY Racing , a group of powersports enthusiasts who are passionate about the brand, the lifestyle, and the value we bring to the world of powersports through our extensive product offerings and dealer network. We value a competitive drive to succeed and the desire to be THE BEST. We strive to offer our customers the best products, fastest delivery, and the ultimate customer service experience in the powersports industry, one customer and one order at a time, every time. We seek talented individuals who are passionate about life and bring that passion and energy to their work! If you have the skills, the talents and the experience we need, we would love to hear from you!