WPS is seeking an experienced Inbound Manager to help lead and manage inbound operations at our busy regional distribution center in Elizabethtown, PA. This is a “hands on” leadership and mentoring role working with warehouse team members who have varying experiences and skill sets.
Well-qualified individuals will have 2+ years of experience in a busy distribution center and bulk storage environment, preferably with experience in supervising 15 or more team members. If you thrive as a leader, excel at motivating others towards maximum efficiency and enjoy finding solutions to varying challenges, this is the opportunity to enhance your career!
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and oversees daily operations in the inbound operations area, managing a diverse team of 15+ team members of varying skill level and work experience.
- Maintains operational efficiency by ensuring team members are trained and fully compliant with standard procedures and receiving tasks.
- Keeps equipment operating efficiently by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requesting preventive maintenance; calling for repairs as needed.
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet receiving schedules.
- Oversees incoming shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Determines space requirements within warehouse and determines position of product within overflow warehouse areas.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or pick mod work areas.
- Compiles records of unfilled orders, Bills of Lading and all other documents pertinent to the receiving inbound area.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Supervises the daily operational functions, receiving flow, troubleshooting quality issues, handling staffing issues, monitoring incoming orders and coordinating training to employees
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of experience in a bulk distribution center/warehouse environment with upto 20,000 SKU codes REQUIRED.
- Associates degree or higher PREFERRED.
- 2+ years of experience in managing or leading a team of 15 or more team members REQUIRED.
- 2+ years of Inventory management experience, along with experience in supply chain processes REQUIRED.
- Highly motivated and dependable with demonstrated delegation, leadership, and teamwork skills.
- Strong computer skills for MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and experience working with handheld RF Scanners REQUIRED. Any experience with AS400 is a BIG PLUS.
- Forklift operation experience REQUIRED.
- Demonstrated personal commitment to safety, along with the highest standards of personal integrity and professional, ethical conduct at all times.
About Western Power Sports
Work hard. Play hard – WPS and the FLY Racing Culture
For 60 years, our motto at Western Power Sports has been "Work hard. Play hard". We are the home of FLY Racing , a group of powersports enthusiasts who are passionate about the brand, the lifestyle, and the value we bring to the world of powersports through our extensive product offerings and dealer network. We value a competitive drive to succeed and the desire to be THE BEST. We strive to offer our customers the best products, fastest delivery, and the ultimate customer service experience in the powersports industry, one customer and one order at a time, every time. We seek talented individuals who are passionate about life and bring that passion and energy to their work! If you have the skills, the talents and the experience we need, we would love to hear from you!