Location: Elizabethtown, PA
Job type: Full time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Warehouse Administrative Assistant works with warehouse leadership, supervisors, and team members to provide administrative support in all areas and ensures that all policies that protect team members and the Company are adhered to at all times. This is a diverse role that covers many areas of warehouse operations and requires a keen attention to details and consistent follow through.
This position reports to the Warehouse Manager but also works closely with Human Resources and the Safety Manager. This role will focus primarily on onboarding new hires, conducting new hire orientation and training as needed, benefits enrollment, assistance with day-to-day administrative needs, all record keeping, all general office work, and regular monitoring of warehouse operations for compliance to safety and worker’s compensation regulations.
This role must also have a strong comfort level in dealing with Risk Management, Worker’s Compensation and OSHA compliance that includes understanding the importance of safety rules and compliance to procedures, conducting regular inspections, accident investigations/documentation, facilitate training, and help define and enforce the safety culture of the Company. This role will ensure all safety-related training records, accident reports, and other documents are completed and filed appropriately. Beyond the required administrative skills, well-qualified individuals must also be able to focus in a busy warehouse environment, remain calm and collected in stressful situations, have a willingness to learn and take on new tasks, possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and display a positive, can-do attitude when faced with challenges. Experience of distribution center/warehousing concepts is a BIG PLUS.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in the areas of HR, Benefits and General Operations.
- Enforce company policies, OSHA compliance and warehouse rules of operation.
- Complete accident/injury/near miss responses and investigations.
- Ensure adequate follow up for workers’ compensation injuries to ensure physician restriction compliance and timely return to work.
- Assist in managing safety equipment, PPE, and supply stock and needs.
- Assist with site emergency drills and monitor employee response and readiness.
- Maintain required safety and health documents/files.
- Other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 2 years of general administrative experience in a warehouse environment PREFERRED.
- 2 years of experience with safety coordination, OSHA and Worker’s Comp experience PREFERRED.
- Bilingual in English / Spanish is a PLUS.
- Strong understanding of warehouse processes and flow PREFERRED.
- Confident in enforcing HR company policies and safety compliance REQUIRED.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, coupled with an energetic attitude, is of utmost importance.
- Proficient in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) REQUIRED.
- Effective, professional verbal and written communications skills REQUIRED.
- Ability to follow instructions and work with a sense of urgency REQUIRED.
About Western Power Sports
Work hard. Play hard – WPS and the FLY Racing Culture
For 60 years, our motto at Western Power Sports has been "Work hard. Play hard". We are the home of FLY Racing , a group of powersports enthusiasts who are passionate about the brand, the lifestyle, and the value we bring to the world of powersports through our extensive product offerings and dealer network. We value a competitive drive to succeed and the desire to be THE BEST. We strive to offer our customers the best products, fastest delivery, and the ultimate customer service experience in the powersports industry, one customer and one order at a time, every time. We seek talented individuals who are passionate about life and bring that passion and energy to their work! If you have the skills, the talents and the experience we need, we would love to hear from you!