WPS is seeking a highly motivated, sales-driven motorcycle enthusiast to join our Sales team as a Sales Manager for our Shinko tires product line. The Shinko Brand Sales Manager is responsible for managing all sales facets of the Shinko tire brand, with a focus on achieving sales targets, implementing marketing strategies and programs, being part of Shinko product development and evaluation, with dedicated effort to brand promotion to increase Shinko market share in the USA.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a working relationship with outside sales representatives and their dealers to promote increased market share.
- Drive sales by proactively reaching out to sales reps via phone and email.
- Help establish and maintain consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and at events.
- Analyze market research to identify opportunities for increased sales and future product development.
- Communicate with development teams on market requirements and product features.
- Collaborate with the Marketing department to help develop advertising/promotional programs.
- Coordinate with Purchasing department product ordering and scheduling.
- Assist in the guidance and creation of future product development and catalog portfolio.
- Evaluate and analyze program results and provide recommendations for revisions in brand strategy.
- Travel required throughout the continental USA 40%-50%.
- Manage and run marketing booths at powersports industry events/rallies/races around the country.
- Develop and deliver educational materials/presentations during new rep training and national sales meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university is HIGHLY PREFERRED, however not required – education along with applicable industry experience will be considered.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience and/or training in the powersports industry is HIGHLY PREFERRED.
- An in-depth understanding of either automotive or motorcycle tires is REQUIRED.
- Extensive knowledge of the motorcycle industry, both On-Road and Off-Road, is REQUIRED.
- Highly motivated to achieve Sales targets and business goals.
- Be highly organized, with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to collect and analyze data utilizing market knowledge and experience.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a fast pace team environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Driven work ethic.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher is preferred.
About Western Power Sports
Love the great outdoors? Love being a part of a fast-paced, expanding community of passionate outdoor enthusiasts? Well we do too. We like to say “We sell fun.” As one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket powersports parts, apparel, and accessories, we believe in working hard and playing harder. We sell fun products, delivering to a nationwide-network of dealers from six warehouse locations around the country. Beyond our enthusiasm for the powersports industry, WPS is committed to the lives of our Sales associates and offers training, support, competitive commissions and an exciting work experience!