Western Power Sports is currently seeking a Senior Web Developer to join its busy Web Development Team.
If you thrive in a professional team environment, enjoy inspiring those around you, are driven to find solutions to programming challenges and have a passion for web application development, this is the opportunity to further develop your career!
- Inspire, lead and supervise a team of staff who are focused on developing products and solving problems for web-based applications.
- Proactively steer WPS into leading the power sports industry with innovative web ideas and software solutions.
- Help innovate and iterate the B2B site to improve usability and dealer experience.
- Maintain, improve, and expand the Dealer API. See Data Depot for documentation.
- Make changes and upgrades to marketing websites as needed.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain quality.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A self-starting, motivated leader with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimal direction while maintaining a high level of productivity for yourself and the Developer team.
- Laravel knowledge and experience A MUST.
- Highly developed understanding of PHP, application architecture and object-oriented design.
- Knowledge of Linux environments and open source tools/platforms.
- Knowledge of cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility.
- Experience building applications that use REST based web services and JSON data structures.
- Experience with version control systems (particularly Git)
- Comfortable learning and embracing new languages quickly; ability to help us assess where new technologies, languages, and platforms may be the new tools we should consider.
Location: Boise, Idaho (Non-remote)
Status: Full Time – Salary Exempt
Annual Salary: DOE
About Western Power Sports
At Western Power Sports, our motto is "Work hard. Play hard". We seek individuals who are passionate about life and bring that energy to their careers. As one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket power sports parts, apparel and accessories, we sell fun products to a nationwide network of dealers, shipping from multiple warehouse locations around the country. As a member of our team, you will be exposed to the fast-paced power sports environment, which has experienced booming expansion over recent years.