WPS is seeking a creative, entrepreneurial and business focused Product Manager to dynamically lead specific categories of our Street Motorcycle product lines. This position is based at our corporate headquarters in Boise, ID.
Product Managers are an expert in their assigned product category and work with multiple teams, internal resources and Management stakeholders to develop a product strategy for the product category. This role is responsible for all aspects of daily management of assigned vendors and internal resources specific to the category. A Product Manager is responsible for product selection, implementation and category profitability. The Product Manager plans, organizes and ensures their product categories meet the standards of the company, and exceeds company goals in product performance, customer satisfaction and sales performance.
If you have a love for the motorcycle lifestyle, understand market trends and consumer needs, and have a focused vision that will achieve market success, then this is a tremendous opportunity to put your talents and experience to use in a dynamic and growing consumer industry.
- Portfolio management – analyzes performance of sales volume; adds/removes products to the category; adds/removes SKUs to the inventory system; analyzes market trends and competitor activity; oversees product mapping; integral cooperation for product launches; works with the Data and Catalog teams to maintain catalog and online fitment information and accuracy of data.
- Inventory Management – working with Purchasing and Logistics to maintain a healthy inventory that delivers ROI to meet AOP objectives; determines end-of-life strategy and oversees the disposition process of discontinued products; uses dead and excess inventory data to devise strategies for end-of-life sales opportunities and to remove/rotate in-network distressed inventory.
- Supply Chain/Purchasing – sales forecasting for the purpose of purchasing and logistics planning; in conjunction with Purchasing, ensures timely planning and order fulfillment in support of market research, trends, and product launch strategies; follows up with Purchasing to ensure timely delivery of parts/inventory to committed orders; works with Sales and Purchasing to devise inventory strategies, placement and allocation of product to maximize fill rates and ROI; works with suppliers and DC OPS team on continuous improvement opportunities in areas such as packaging and shipping methodology; works with Purchasing on maximizing best minimum order rates, freight rates and policies and other cost saving opportunities; ensures sufficient quantities are on hand for product launch events.
- P & L Accountability – holds direct profit/loss statement responsibility and accountability for the category while ensuring market competitiveness and profitability is consistent with annual and long-term business plans; assists in the development and successful execution of the Company’s strategic business plans and profit margin expectations for all brands within the product category.
- Vendor Relationships & Strategic Partnerships – leads efforts in maintaining optimal key vendor and partner relationships; in conjunction with the Segment Director, ensures vendor negotiations, inventory commitments and pricing are aligned with market demand and corporate AOP objectives; works with Purchasing and vendors on special buys and payment terms for promotional or seasonal projects.
- Market Research & Marketing – plans and leads market research to ensure product strategy and product portfolio is aligned with market needs and corporate business goals; works with Marketing to ensure the product category is correctly positioned in the marketplace, that printed collaterals and online information is accurate, timely and available to the consumer; works with Sales and Marketing in the development of merchandising, advertising sales incentive programs to drive sales volume and profit targets; provides necessary and relevant communication to/from dealer and sales team constituents; manages marketing content for the category within the CMS database; works with suppliers on POP and in-store merchandising programs.
- Catalog Merchandising & Content – manages content for catalog production, including gathering of accurate product data and images; loads all assets into the CMS for catalog production; works with the Catalog team to ensure product placement and presentation in the catalog is appropriate, accurate and contemporary; continuous oversight to prevent errors in catalog iterations.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A Bachelor’s Degree is PREFERRED but prior work experience combined with some formal education will be considered as an acceptable alternative.
- 2+ years of previous product management experience and training is REQUIRED.
- A strong background in the power sports industry is highly PREFERRED.
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office applications, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint and MS Outlook is REQUIRED.
- 2+ years of experience with an ERP inventory system and other tertiary programs is REQUIRED.
- Highly organized, with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to perform data analysis for market trends, compose business forecasts and calculate profit margins.
- Creative problem solving and negotiation abilities to solve complex issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to both develop and maintain customer satisfaction and brand loyalty.
- Ability to work independently and produce high quality work without immediate oversight.
- Ability to use sound judgement in recognizing scope of authority in responding to problems.
Location: Boise, ID
Job Type: Full-time, Salary Exempt
Annual Salary: DOE
About Western Power Sports
At Western Power Sports, our motto is "Work hard. Play hard". We seek individuals who are passionate about life and bring that energy to their careers. As one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket power sports parts, apparel and accessories, we sell fun products to a nationwide network of dealers, shipping from multiple warehouse locations around the country. As a member of our team, you will be exposed to the fast-paced power sports environment, which has experienced booming expansion over recent years.