WPS is seeking an experience, talented and out-of-the-box creative Product Developer for our FLY, Street and Hwy 21 team. The Product Developer is responsible for developing FLY Street, FLY Snow, and HWY 21 products from ideation to production across multiple product lines including gloves, gear lines, footwear, and helmets. An experienced Developer will leverage their knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes to guide and manage the development process to ensure that product quality, performance, innovation, usability, timeliness, and margin objectives are met.
This position must possess excellent communications skills, strong industry knowledge, and the ability to direct the production process. The position requires coordination between Design, Development and Merchandising departments in a collaborative, design-driven atmosphere. There must be demonstrated technical competency and detailed understanding of the manufacturing processes for a diverse range of product types.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with the Art Director and Design Staff on the status of projects to ensure that the projects are on schedule, on budget, and overall design intent and product functions are being maintained.
- Work closely with the Design Staff, in a collaborative team environment, to take approved designs through the entire product development process.
- Analyze trend, consumer, and competitive research.
- Daily communication and coordination with factories to ensure that the product development goals and budgets are being met for each project.
- Create and manage project timeline/schedule with vendor. Ensure key milestones and delivery dates are achieved.
- Life-cycle project management of the development process from concept through production.
- Lead problem-solving exercises with design and/or development project teams.
- Review and suggest design modifications based on factory specifications to achieve desired end products.
- QA & QC of product.
- Continuously evaluate alternate materials, technologies, and companies to innovate and elevate product offerings.
- Communicate product development subjects and issues with vendors via e-mail, Skype, phone, and factory visits.
- Determine best vendor and resources for effective development of each item.
- Overseas travel to vendor factories as needed.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years’ experience within the product development field.
- Knowledge of manufacturing practice and methods in the garment industry, including sewing, materials, construction layout, and pattern making.
- Highly organized, Self-starter with the drive to manage vendor partnerships and projects effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to solve effectively problem solve a variety of issues, while maintaining a solution-based approach.
- High proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office. Experience in project management software, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop is a plus.
- Understanding of materials, structures, functions, and how they can be used in the development process.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the design, manufacturing, and production process.
- A desire to guide and foster growth in a collaborative team environment within multiple disciplines.
- Ability to effectively problem solve a variety of issues, while maintaining a solution-based approach
- Industry knowledge of outdoor power sports (Motorcycles, Snowmobiling, ATV/UTV, BMX, Mountain Bike, and Watercraft) HIGHLY preferred.
**ANY OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT SUBJECT TO THE SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND SEARCH AND DRUG SCREENING**
About Western Power Sports
Work hard. Play hard – WPS and the FLY Racing Culture
For 60 years, our motto at Western Power Sports has been "Work hard. Play hard". We are the home of FLY Racing , a group of powersports enthusiasts who are passionate about the brand, the lifestyle, and the value we bring to the world of powersports through our extensive product offerings and dealer network. We value a competitive drive to succeed and the desire to be THE BEST. We strive to offer our customers the best products, fastest delivery, and the ultimate customer service experience in the powersports industry, one customer and one order at a time, every time. We seek talented individuals who are passionate about life and bring that passion and energy to their work! If you have the skills, the talents and the experience we need, we would love to hear from you!