WPS is seeking an experienced, out-of-the-box creative Product Designer for our Design team, based at our Boise, ID headquarters. This position works within the Product Design team to design and develop FLY and HWY 21 products and apparel. This role reports to the Design Creative Director.
This role must exhibit proven experience in innovative, market-focused product design, product development, and project management, and must have in-depth knowledge and understanding of manufacturing and production processes. Excellent communication skills are essential as the position demands effective and clear coordination between design teams, domestic and foreign vendors, and internal departments and stakeholders. This position is ideally suited to a creative who actively participates in the industry and understands the specific market needs of this segment of the powersports community.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to work through all phases of the product development process – concepts through production.
- Provide high-quality product designs and product directions.
- Create dynamic trend directions with colors, materials, features, and graphics.
- Exhibit consistent growth of ideas and skill set through continuous self-education and experimentation with new software programs or design concepts.
- Organize, communicate, and manage project development with vendors.
- Create detailed tech packs for vendors that provides all required information for production.
- Create and manage project timeline/schedule with vendor. Ensure key milestones and delivery dates are achieved.
- Daily communication and coordination with factories to ensure that the product development goals are being met for each project.
- Ability to effectively problem solve a variety of issues, while maintaining a solution based approach.
- Create product reviews for development, pre-production, and TOP samples.
- Overseas travel to vendor factories for items that are being developed.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in design field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience within the product design/development field.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, with a high proficiency in Excel, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Understanding of project management strategies and practices applied to product development.
- Knowledge of manufacturing practice and methods in the garment industry, including sewing, materials, construction layout, and pattern making.
- Ability to effectively solve problems on a variety of issues with a solution-based approach.
- Highly organized, self-driven, with a keen ability to know when and how to take the initiative.
- An interest, or active participation, in the powersports industry is HIGHLY PREFERRED.
**ANY OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT SUBJECT TO THE SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND SEARCH AND DRUG SCREENING**
About Western Power Sports
Work hard. Play hard – WPS and the FLY Racing Culture
For 60 years, our motto at Western Power Sports has been "Work hard. Play hard". We are the home of FLY Racing , a group of powersports enthusiasts who are passionate about the brand, the lifestyle, and the value we bring to the world of powersports through our extensive product offerings and dealer network. We value a competitive drive to succeed and the desire to be THE BEST. We strive to offer our customers the best products, fastest delivery, and the ultimate customer service experience in the powersports industry, one customer and one order at a time, every time. We seek talented individuals who are passionate about life and bring that passion and energy to their work! If you have the skills, the talents and the experience we need, we would love to hear from you!