WPS is seeking a talented, creative, market-focused and motivated Product Designer to design and develop projects for our FLY Street, FLY Snow, and HWY 21 brand segments. This full-time position will work within the Product Design team to design and develop FLY and HWY 21 products and apparel.
The ideal candidate has proven experience in innovative, market-focused product design, product development, and project management, and must have in-depth knowledge and understanding of manufacturing and production processes. Excellent communication skills are essential as the position demands effective and clear coordination between design teams, domestic and foreign vendors, and internal departments and stakeholders.
This position may include relocation considerations.
**You must please submit a link to a portfolio of your work or provide examples of your designs in order to be considered for this role**
- Able to work through all phases of the product development process – concepts through production.
- Provide high-quality product designs and product directions.
- Create dynamic trend directions with colors, materials, features, and graphics.
- Organize, communicate, and manage project development with vendors.
- Create detailed tech packs for vendors that provides all required information for production.
- Create and manage project timeline/schedule with vendor. Ensure key milestones and delivery dates are achieved.
- Daily communication and coordination with factories to ensure that the product development goals are being met for each project.
- Ability to effectively problem solve a variety of issues, while maintaining a solution based approach.
- Create product reviews for development, pre-production, and TOP samples.
- Overseas travel to vendor factories for items that are being developed.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in design field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience within the product design/development field.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, with a high proficiency in Excel, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Understanding of project management strategies and practices applied to product development.
- Knowledge of manufacturing practice and methods in the garment industry, including: sewing, materials, construction layout, and pattern making.
- Ability to effectively solve problems on a variety of issues with a solution-based approach.
- Highly organized, self-driven, with a keen ability to know when and how to take the initiative.
- An interest, or active participation, in the powersports industry is HIGHLY PREFERRED.
- Please submit a link to a portfolio that illustrates your work or provide samples of your design skills.
**Any offer of employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background screening and drug screening**
About Western Power Sports
Work hard. Play hard – WPS and the FLY Racing Culture
For 60 years, our motto at Western Power Sports has been "Work hard. Play hard". We are the home of FLY Racing , a group of powersports enthusiasts who are passionate about the brand, the lifestyle, and the value we bring to the world of powersports through our extensive product offerings and dealer network. We value a competitive drive to succeed and the desire to be THE BEST. We strive to offer our customers the best products, fastest delivery, and the ultimate customer service experience in the powersports industry, one customer and one order at a time, every time. We seek talented individuals who are passionate about life and bring that passion and energy to their work! If you have the skills, the talents and the experience we need, we would love to hear from you!