FLY Racing is seeking a talented and motivated Product Designer to design, develop and manage projects for our FLY Racing Moto and MTB brand segments. Our goal is to lead the industry with cutting-edge, creative, functional high-end products and apparel for the powersports industry. We seek a creative, out-of-the-box thinker for this position who is passionate about design.
Well qualified individuals will have six (6) or more years of experience in the design and development of powersports equipment and apparel in the powersports industry, or in similar industries. Senior level candidates will possess an excellent design portfolio, strong industry understanding and knowledge, and the ability to inspire the creative process within the team. Excellent communication skills are essential as this role demands effective coordination between design teams, domestic and offshore vendors and other internal departments and stakeholders within FLY Racing.
*Interested candidates must provide a link to an example portfolio in order to be considered for this role*
- Able to work through all phases of the product development process, concept through to production.
- Create original designs relevant to products and apparel associated with MX and MTB segments.
- Ability to design and create using a variety of methods such as sketching, physical prototyping, Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop / Creative Suite, etc.
- Provide high quality products and product direction.
- Create dynamic trend directions with colors, materials, fabrics, product features and graphics.
- Create detailed tech packs for vendors that provides all required information needed for production.
- Establish and manage project timelines/schedules with vendors. Ensure key milestones and delivery dates are achieved.
- Daily communication and coordination with internal development staff, and factories, to ensure that product development goals are being achieved for each project.
- Ability to work both independently and in team environments, under the leadership of our Creative Director.
- Create product reviews for development, pre-production, and TOP samples.
- Overseas travel to vendor factories as needed.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A sample portfolio to illustrate your skills and experience in design with both products and apparel -REQUIRED.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related design disciplines; an equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- At least 3+ solid years of hands-on experience with product design and development disciplines.
- A keen interest in the outdoors, coupled with an interest in powersports products (motorcycles, snowmobiles, ATV/UTVs, BMX/mountain bikes, watercraft).
- A demonstrated mechanical aptitude coupled with a timely sense of fashion and current industry trends.
- Demonstrated high-level abilities with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Experience in Microsoft Office and 3-D modeling software a BIG PLUS.
- Demonstrated exceptional design skills and the ability to communicate form through 2-D and/or 3-D means.
- A comprehensive understanding of design, development, and production processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing practices and methods in the garment industry, including sewing, materials, construction layouts, and pattern making.
- A willingness to embrace art direction and encourage positive collaboration with fellow designers and other members of the design team.
- Demonstrated desire to lead and foster growth in a collaborative team environment within multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems on a variety of issues using a solutions-based approach.
- Highly organized, self-driven with an extremely positive attitude to ensure project and team success.
- Excellent, clear communications skills, both written and verbal.
About Western Power Sports
Work hard. Play hard – WPS and the FLY Racing Culture
For 60 years, our motto at Western Power Sports has been "Work hard. Play hard". We are the home of FLY Racing , a group of powersports enthusiasts who are passionate about the brand, the lifestyle, and the value we bring to the world of powersports through our extensive product offerings and dealer network. We value a competitive drive to succeed and the desire to be THE BEST. We strive to offer our customers the best products, fastest delivery, and the ultimate customer service experience in the powersports industry, one customer and one order at a time, every time. We seek talented individuals who are passionate about life and bring that passion and energy to their work! If you have the skills, the talents and the experience we need, we would love to hear from you!