WPS is seeking an ambitious, sales-driven Metric (ATV-UTV) enthusiast to join our busy Inside Sales team. As a member of the Inside Sales team, you will maintain current business as well as identify and secure new business to effectively sell Metric (ATV-UTV) products to established dealerships.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for motorsports, an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the power sports metric market and a proven sales record in the industry. You must also enjoy working in a fast-paced, sales driven environment and possess the ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with a wide variety of personalities. Highly qualified individuals will have at least 3 years of Metric (ATV-UTV) Inside Sales experience, coupled with at least 1 year of dealer and industry-related experience.
If you’re a self-starter who enjoys working independently, have strong presentation, negotiation and closing skills, and you excel at meeting and overcoming sales challenges, this is the opportunity you’re looking for!
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from ad inquiries, trade shows, dealer resellers, business directories,
- Internet Web sites, and other industry sources
- Make outbound follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail
- Handle inbound sales calls and successfully converts calls into sales
- Overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers
- Provide up-to-date product information to customers via company catalogs and the company website
- Emphasize salable features, calculate profit margin opportunities, quote prices and credit terms and prepare orders for sales obtained
- Implement and execute company selling system to the customer base
- Estimate date of delivery to customer by following up with appropriate department resources
- Attend and participate in department business meetings, training and trade shows to acquire product knowledge and expertise
- Build and maintain customer relationships by providing world class customer service.
- Investigate and resolve dealer problems with deliveries, invoices and other general accounting inquiries
- Travel to and attend trade shows and/or WPS sales meetings
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A passion for powersports, motorcycles and everything related REQUIRED
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of power sports product and/or industry and dealer knowledge REQUIRED
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of inside sales or telemarketing experience PREFERRED
- Must be a self-starter, motivated to close sales and succeed on the Inside Sales team REQUIRED
- Must truly enjoy working with, and further developing, dealer relationships at all levels to deliver world-class customer service.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, proportions, gross margins, discounts, etc. REQUIRED
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills, with a strong sense of accountability and follow through REQUIRED
- Familiarity with an AS400 Order Processing system or VAI order processing is PREFERRED
- Strong working knowledge of the MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and the Internet is REQUIRED
Location: Boise, Idaho
Status: Salary, Exempt
Salary: Base plus Commission (Commission rate is based on dollars sold, account base & years of service)
About Western Power Sports
At Western Power Sports, our motto is "Work hard. Play hard". We seek individuals who are passionate about life and bring that energy to their careers. As one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket power sports parts, apparel and accessories, we sell fun products to a nationwide network of dealers, shipping from multiple warehouse locations around the country. As a member of our team, you will be exposed to the fast-paced power sports environment, which has experienced booming expansion over recent years.