WPS is seeking a creative, motivated, business focused Helmet Development/Production Manager who will be responsible for helping to establish the strategic direction for helmet designs and coordinating approvals for designs and production needs with Management and other stakeholders. The Helmet Development/Production Manager will effectively coordinate and manage helmet projects and all processes from concept through to delivery to market.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively with global sales management, internal departmental partners, other Design team members, and all vendor partners. This position will assist in leading the process within a multi-functional team to develop and execute product development initiatives that deliver on key sales and business objectives.
- Assists in developing product line strategies to achieve sales and margin objectives for the helmet category based on an understanding of consumer and market needs and trends.
- Develops and maintains short/long term product line development plans and coordinates with sales, marketing, design, R&D and management. Leads the end-to-end process from ideation to executing product initiatives with a multi-functional team.
- Develops, aligns and executes work processes and flows between the helmet design team and the respective factory production team.
- Manages production details, scheduling, tracking of purchase orders and overall vendor negotiations/relationships at the factory level to ensure the timely delivery and production of product.
- Travels domestically and internationally to manufacturing facilities to ensure all production details, deliverables and schedules are being met, while cultivating and promoting FLY Racing / vendor relationships.
- Manages and performs as the critical product information lead from the Design team to all Sales, Purchasing, Marketing, and Catalog departments for all helmet related information.
- Effectively presents factory sourcing information, including vendor selection, for individual projects.
- Finalizes unit cost and tooling cost pricing with factory representatives through mutual negotiation, both internally and externally.
- Interfaces with national and international sales managers in development of product line strategies for domestic and international markets.
- Supports the development of all product merchandising, packaging and marketing communications.
- Researches consumer buying trends and retail selling techniques to support marketing and sales efforts.
- Manages budgets, expenses and oversees helmet business unit during budget process.
- Supports sales management in forecasting sales and manufacturing.
- Maintains competitive product analysis.
- Supports the physical development of new helmet projects.
- Performs other duties as needed and directed by the design team manager.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Undergraduate/Graduate Degree preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of helmet development and manufacturing processes is a must.
- 3-5 years project management and product marketing background in a related industry.
- Strong interest in off-road and street motor sports required.
- A working knowledge of fashion, design, color trending and graphic development.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign helpful.
- Ability to travel. Minimum of 3-5 international trips to manufacturing facilities overseas, with occasional domestic travel.
- Highly detail oriented with the ability to manage and execute upon multiple projects and timelines using varied personnel resources.
- Ability to coordinate and manage internal and external resources.
- Ability to manage people and encourage a team atmosphere.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint required.
About Western Power Sports
Love the great outdoors? Love being a part of a fast-paced, expanding community of passionate outdoor enthusiasts? Well we do too. We like to say “We sell fun.” As one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket powersports parts, apparel, and accessories, we believe in working hard and playing harder. We sell fun products, delivering to a nationwide-network of dealers from six warehouse locations around the country. Beyond our enthusiasm for the powersports industry, WPS is committed to the lives of our Sales associates and offers training, support, competitive commissions and an exciting work experience!