Location: Ashley, IN
Job Type: Full-time, Salary Exempt – Hours are from 3pm – Midnight (hours are approximate), Monday-Friday
WPS seeks to hire a reliable and experienced Truck driver for our Ashley, IN distribution center. Main responsibilities include driving a box truck with a capacity of less than 3 tons to transport product from our distribution center in Ashley, IN to a specified destination in Hammond, IN, and back. This route supports zone skip operations for FedEx parcels.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Assists with delivery USPS mail to the local post office in the afternoon.
- Helps load zone skip FedEx parcels in box truck in Ashley-IN.
- Checks with personnel ensuring all packages are loaded and ready.
- Departs Ashley-IN at approximately 5:30pm.
- Drives truck to destination and arrives in Hammond-IN appx 7pm.
- Helps unload packages at the FedEx Hammond-IN location.
- After unload returns to Ashley warehouse.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water. Advises when service is needed on vehicle.
- Maintains and turns in expense receipts.
- Other duties as required.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Class A CDL is PREFERRED but not required for employment.
- A clean driving record, background search and pre-hire drug test results are MANDATORY.
- At least 1 year of work experience in a warehouse environment is preferred.
- Clearly demonstrate the following: honesty, teamwork, motivation, and dependability.
Long hours of work may be necessary, depending on workload and season. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time.
Punctuality, reliability, and good attendance are a vital necessity to promote team success and accomplish ongoing goals.
**Any offer of employment subject to the successful completion of a Pre-Employment Background Search, Pre-employment Drug Screen, and DOT DMV Records Search**
About Western Power Sports
Work hard. Play hard – WPS and the FLY Racing Culture
For over 60 years, our motto at Western Power Sports has been "Work hard. Play hard". We are the home of FLY Racing , a group of powersports enthusiasts who are passionate about the brand, the lifestyle, and the value we bring to the world of powersports through our extensive product offerings and dealer network. We value a competitive drive to succeed and the desire to be THE BEST. We strive to offer our customers the best products, fastest delivery, and the ultimate customer service experience in the powersports industry, one customer and one order at a time, every time. We seek talented individuals who are passionate about life and bring that passion and energy to their work! If you have the skills, the talents and the experience we need, we would love to hear from you!