WPS is seeking an experienced Manager to lead its busy, growing regional warehouse and distribution center in Ashley, IN. The Warehouse Manager is responsible for all aspects of warehouse operations and distribution activities, including facilities management and layout, budgets, hiring, training, mentoring, requisitioning, receiving, storing, stocking, and shipping parts and materials.
This position works with a diverse talent pool and oversees the enforcement of all warehouse operations procedures and best practices and will report to the Director of Warehouse Operations.
We are looking for a candidate with highly developed leadership and management skills, resolute standards of personal and professional ethics and conduct, a person with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of team members and personalities, including those with high levels of authority and scope. Well-qualified individuals will have a proven record of at least five (5) plus years of leadership and management experience in a distribution center environment.
If you are people-focused and enjoy working with a diverse talent pool, are entrepreneurial and driven to find innovative solutions to varied business and operational challenges, enjoy being a hands-on leader who leads by example, are someone who aims for standards of excellence at every level, and you are driven towards success for your warehouse and your team, this is the opportunity for you!
Provides necessary leadership tools to maintain the following aspects in our distribution center:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing company operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops and analyzes production and operating reports and resolves operational, staffing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and to prevent operational delays.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training team members.
- Provides leadership for and coordinates all activities of the warehouse staff to receive and ship products effectively.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining team members; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Manages the daily operational functions on all shifts, including planning the shipping/receiving flow, troubleshooting quality issues, handling staffing issues, monitoring customer orders and coordinating training to team members.
- Develops and revises standard operational and working practices and observes team members to ensure compliance.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as required.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Min 5 years managing a team in a manufacturing or distribution setting REQUIRED.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, REQUIRED.
- Demonstrated experience with facility planning, analysis and layout of distribution and manufacturing operations REQUIRED.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of supply chain logistics processes, including demand planning, distribution requirements, planning, inventory management and control, transportation and logistics planning, and warehousing REQUIRED.
- Knowledge of current industry best practices in supply chain management to support process improvement REQUIRED.
- Ability to motivate, influence and encourage a diverse group of team members who have with varied skill levels and backgrounds REQUIRED.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships across multiple functions REQUIRED.
- Working knowledge of how a business is run and variables that impact profitability REQUIRED.
- Working knowledge of effective inventory management and distribution practices REQUIRED.
- Personal commitment to safety REQUIRED
- Knowledge of the powersports industry, or being an active powersports enthusiast, A BIG PLUS.
**Any offer of employment subject to successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screen**
About Western Power Sports
Love the great outdoors? Love being a part of a fast-paced, expanding community of passionate outdoor enthusiasts? Well we do too. We like to say “We sell fun.” As one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket powersports parts, apparel, and accessories, we believe in working hard and playing harder. We sell fun products, delivering to a nationwide-network of dealers from six warehouse locations around the country. Beyond our enthusiasm for the powersports industry, WPS is committed to the lives of our Sales associates and offers training, support, competitive commissions and an exciting work experience!