WPS is seeking an experienced Swing Shift Manager to help lead our distribution center Swing Shift team in Ashley, IN. The Swing Shift Manager assists the Warehouse Manager and other Leadership in planning, directing, and administering operational compliance for the Swing Shift team, which includes receiving, storing, and stocking. This position supervises employees and work performed within the warehouse, helping to enforce established procedures and practices to meet daily operational goals. You are responsible for inspiring, leading, mentoring and working with your team in a hands-on manner.
Well qualified candidates should possess an ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of employees and personalities while working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. Well-qualified individuals will have two (2) or more years of experience in a distribution center in a hands-on leadership role for 10 or more direct reports.
If you can handle a busy work environment, strive for success for yourself and your team through hands-on leadership, excel at motivating others towards maximum efficiency, and enjoy finding solutions to operational challenges, this is the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting world of powersports!
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help maintain warehouse operations by coordinating and communicating company operational policies and procedures
- Assist in assigning employees to tasks, with follow up on progress
- Keep equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
- Study shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet receiving schedules.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Determine space requirements within warehouse and determines position of product within overflow warehouse.
- Direct movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas or from storage to packing and shipping.
- Compile records of unfilled orders and reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- Trace history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Supervise the daily operational functions, receiving flow, troubleshooting quality issues, handling staffing issues, monitoring incoming orders, and coordinating training for employees.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks and assignments as needed or directed by management.
- A consistent personal commitment to warehouse safety and COVID19 compliance.
DESIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Min 2 years’ leadership experience in a distribution center/warehouse supervising a team of 10 or more REQUIRED
- Associates degree, or higher, REQUIRED.
- Highly motivated and dependable with demonstrated delegation, leadership, and teamwork skills.
- Proven working knowledge of supply chain processes, including shipping/receiving flow, inventory management, control and logistics planning, warehousing operations REQUIRED.
- Knowledge of current industry best practices in supply chain management to support process improvement.
- Proven ability to motivate, influence and encourage a diverse range of employees with varied skill levels and backgrounds.
- Proven working knowledge of effective inventory management and distribution practices.
- Personal commitment to safety and safety enforcement.
- The highest standards of personal integrity and professional, ethical conduct at all times.
**Any offer of employment subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background check and drug screen**
About Western Power Sports
Work hard. Play hard – WPS and the FLY Racing Culture
For 60 years, our motto at Western Power Sports has been "Work hard. Play hard". We are the home of FLY Racing , a group of powersports enthusiasts who are passionate about the brand, the lifestyle, and the value we bring to the world of powersports through our extensive product offerings and dealer network. We value a competitive drive to succeed and the desire to be THE BEST. We strive to offer our customers the best products, fastest delivery, and the ultimate customer service experience in the powersports industry, one customer and one order at a time, every time. We seek talented individuals who are passionate about life and bring that passion and energy to their work! If you have the skills, the talents and the experience we need, we would love to hear from you!