Western Power Sports is seeking an experienced Picking / Pick Mod Manager from the local Ashley, IN area for our Pick Mod team at our busy distribution center in Ashley IN.
This role requires acute attention to detail and is responsible for leading all Pick Mod operations and Pick Mod team members, and ensuring timely inventory movement, cubing, inventory replenishment and accurate inventory counts. The ideal candidate will have at least two (2) years of team leadership experience in a busy distribution center environment. We are seeking a manager who is able to lead and inspire the Pick Mod team in a positive, pro-active manner to ensure successful and efficient operations and team success. This position requires experience with operating a forklift with a valid forklift qualification.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise all picking and Pick Mod daily operations.
- Lead by example, mentor and supervise Pick Mod team members with varying levels of skills and experience.
- Plan, organize, supervise and participate in daily Pick Mod warehouse operation and activities, including the receipt, documentation, storage, safety and distribution of equipment and supplies and maintenance of inventory.
- Ensure strict compliance to all safety protocols and work instructions.
- Receive, unpack, pack, load, issue, store and deliver materials, supplies or equipment to other departments; complete packing slips for shipments as assigned.
- Supervise the processing of requisitions and requests to invoice for reimbursements of warehouse codes; complete requisitions for needed materials to assure adequate stock levels.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records and logs and assist in preparing data and reports as required; maintain inventory of items in the warehouse; file records as required.
- Operate and demonstrate use of specialized warehouse equipment as necessary; assure proper and routine maintenance and servicing of warehouse vehicles and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A “can do” attitude and excellent work ethic.
- 2+ years of experience in a distribution center/warehouse environment that includes team leadership, inventory picking operations, shipping/receiving flow, and warehousing operations PREFERRED.
- Forklift Certified REQUIRED.
- High School/GED certification REQUIRED!
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail, able to lead, mentor and inspire team members to meet daily goals.
- Demonstrated ability to read bills of lading, packing lists, inventory manifests and order sheets within a busy warehouse environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills to search, view and enter information into a computerized ERP system, and able to work with MS Office programs such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
- A personal commitment to safety, with the highest standards of personal integrity and professional, ethical conduct at all times.
Location: Ashley, IN
Job Type: Full Time, Hourly Non-Exempt
About Western Power Sports
Work hard. Play hard – WPS and the FLY Racing Culture
For 60 years, our motto at Western Power Sports has been "Work hard. Play hard". We are the home of FLY Racing , a group of powersports enthusiasts who are passionate about the brand, the lifestyle, and the value we bring to the world of powersports through our extensive product offerings and dealer network. We value a competitive drive to succeed and the desire to be THE BEST. We strive to offer our customers the best products, fastest delivery, and the ultimate customer service experience in the powersports industry, one customer and one order at a time, every time. We seek talented individuals who are passionate about life and bring that passion and energy to their work! If you have the skills, the talents and the experience we need, we would love to hear from you!