WPS is seeking an experienced Statutory Outside Sales Representative to further develop and manage the sales territory of Mid and South Arkansas. WPS Statutory Sales Representatives sell powersports parts, accessories and apparel to territory dealerships while promoting WPS house-brands and company objectives.
The ideal candidate should possess the ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with a wide variety of personalities and thrive in a fast-paced, sales-driven environment. Highly qualified individuals will have three plus years of experience in the powersports industry as an outside sales representative, actively working with motorcycle dealers in the assigned territory.
If you’re a self-starter who enjoys working independently, have strong presentation, negotiation and closing skills, and excel at finding solutions to varying customer challenges, this is an exciting opportunity to enhance your career!
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Responds quickly to dealer needs and requests, involving resources as necessary, to deliver solutions and produce sales
- Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and responds accordingly
- Introduces or demonstrates new products, using sales samples or order catalog, to emphasize features benefits
- Effectively communicates the value of a WPS business partnership, including available brands, products, eCommerce options and exceptional dealer support staff
- Assists dealerships in sales-floor layout and point of purchase displays to encourage growth of WPS brands and products
- Designs and implements territory management and account growth strategies
- Creates partnerships to foster cooperation with inside sales and support team, dealer employees and vendor representatives
- Provides outstanding customer service by identifying and actively addressing dealership needs and requests
- Presents sales samples, specials and related support material to provide comprehensive product presentations
- Regularly meets with Regional Sales Manager to review sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective accounts
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Candidate MUST reside in the sales territory described – REQUIRED
- A minimum of 3-5 years of powersports/motorcycle industry-related experience – REQUIRED
- A minimum of 3 years outside sales experience with a proven track record of capturing market share and providing world class customer service – PREFERRED
- A competitive spirit and an intense, self-driven ambition to succeed
- Resolute personal and business ethics with the highest standards of professional conduct
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with a keen sense of responsibility and follow-through
- A proactive, solutions-based business approach with a desire to provide exceptional customer interactions to drive sales
- A demonstrated ability to meet the growing needs of the customers and company alike
- Willingness to travel throughout the assigned territory using self-provided, reliable transportation
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Apple iPad applications
To apply, please send your resume, along with a detailed cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate, to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Western Power Sports
At Western Power Sports, our motto is "work hard, play hard". We are seeking individuals who are passionate about life and bring that energy to their careers. As a member of our team, you will be exposed to the fast-paced powersports environment, which has experienced explosive growth over recent years. We offer competitive pay and benefits coupled with potential for career growth.
Love the great outdoors? Love riding anything with two wheels? Four wheels? Skis? Based in beautiful Boise, Idaho, access to the great outdoors is just outside your front door. So what is it we do? We like to say “we sell fun.” As one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket powersports parts, apparel, and accessories, we are a group of enthusiasts that work hard, play just as hard, and sell fun products to a nationwide network of dealers and fellow enthusiasts.
Beyond our enthusiasm for the powersports industry, we provide many perks besides easy access to a sportsman’s paradise. Take advantage of a fully groomed motocross track, during scheduled company ride days, at our on-site test motocross track; get in a lunchtime workout session at our state-of-the-art gym facility—complete with half-court basketball court; or, take part in our weekly group mountain bike ride.
What else? Well, in case you haven’t noticed already, we like to have fun around here. We value a casual office atmosphere paired with an intense competitive drive to succeed. We strive to bring our customers the best product, service and delivery in the friendliest, most helpful manner possible—while at the same time having fun and enjoying what we do. Sound like fun? Then join us!