Vance & Hines is a manufacturing and product Development Company that aligns with distribution partners and OEMs to reach our riders.
What We Do
We leverage our experience, passion and learnings at the race track to deliver products that enhance the exhilaration of the riding experience.
· The most innovative and rider-focused team.
· Our Expectations on Behaviors
· Team Work; Aligned and Together as One Team in One Direction so we are a Reliable Team
· We believe integrity is everything.
· We believe in constructive discontent. “There must be a better way.”
· Team members have to be as enthusiastic about their jobs as motorcycle enthusiasts are about their rides.
· Treat People with Respect
The Vance & Hines Brand
The Vance & Hines brand has always been about enhancing the exhilaration of the motorcycle ride. It started over 40 years ago, when Terry Vance and Byron Hines were two young enthusiasts in the fledgling Southern California motorcycle drag race scene. Terry always wanted to go faster and Byron knew how to make that happen. In short order, their on-track success and innovation drew the attention of other racers, riders and motorcycle manufacturers which ultimately translated to commercial demand. Today, the Company’s mission and activity is the same; make bikes go faster on the race track and take those leanings to make impactful products for riders around the world. Since the Company’s inception in 1979, we have had partnerships to run factory race programs with Suzuki, Yamaha, Ducati and Harley-Davidson in drag racing, road racing and flat track.
· Build and deliver industry leading operational capability to impress our partners and meet the expectations of the demanding rider.
· Be the trusted industry partner for OEM’s, distributors, dealers and riders.
· Build the V&H Team to drive product innovation and expansion that impresses our industry partners and inspires the rider community (Entrepreneurial spirit; focus our attention, while broadening our reach)
The Marketing Manager will coordinate and develop marketing policies, programs, and campaigns.
· Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
· Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
· Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
· Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
· Gathers and analyzes information to identify new markets and customers, demand for products and services, and efficacy of existing marketing campaigns and strategies.
· Conducts market research, sales forecasting, and strategic planning to assess and ensure the sale and profitability of products.
· Conducts pricing research and analysis to ensure competitive product and service pricing.
· Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the market; identifies needs for new products and services and makes recommendations to leadership.
· Analyzes and evaluates financial aspects of product development.
· Collaborates in the development of new products.
· Composes, develops, evaluates, and conducts training on marketing activities, strategies, and policies.
· Collaborates, participates in, and coordinates promotional activities or trade shows.
· Negotiates contracts for services needed to execute a marketing strategy.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Ability to create, implement, and monitor budgets.
· Thorough understanding of principles and methods used to promote, display, and sell products and services.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
· At least three years of experience in a related field.
· Proven Marketing Manager
· Motorcycle Enthusiast
· High Energy
· Team orientated & collaborative
· Hands-on in approach
Experience-Nice to Have
· Product Management
· Event Marketing
· Powersports Enthusiast
Executing results: Strong managerial skills, drive and willingness to roll up their sleeves to get the job done; strong motivation and sense of urgency and high level of energy.
Leading Teams: Strong communication skills and experienced in leading teams.
Building Relationships: Personal stature and credibility to ensure acceptance.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.